[HELP] How to boot into EmuNand directly?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MisterJohnson87, Mar 14, 2016.

1. MisterJohnson87
    OP

MisterJohnson87 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2015
    London
    Hey,

So I have an Old 3DS XL that is currently on 9.2. I use a Gateway card to play my ROMs and occasionally install CIA's onto EmuNand. I use the go gateway browser hack to launch into Emunand.

As I'm not overly interested in a CFW is there an easier way of me launching directly into Emunand so I don't have to go through the hassle of the web browser?

Is there a way to do all this without losing any data?

Thanks

2. Thee_BaBs

Thee_BaBs GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2015
    United States
    Look up Menuhax, you can probably find a decent guide in the forms for setting it up with gateway.

3. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    This doesn't really make sense since pretty much anything with an emuNAND and added functions is a CFW :P

Now to answer your question, yes there is, and without losing any data. At least if your NANDs are unlinked.

Magic website: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Use your browser to boot to homebrew menu (see magic website) and setup menuhax the way you want (I mean type 1 or type 2, splash or not, etc).
    Then, either replace the "boot.3dsx" file on your SD with the 3dsx file from Gateway (should be in the archive you got from Gateway) or replace it with a boot manager (CtrBootManager, BootCtr, use search functions if interested) and set it up to boot the Gateway 3dsx file.

wormdood likes this.
  4. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    update your gateway launcher and use the included .3dsx file to launch gateway via menuhax

5. MisterJohnson87
    OP

MisterJohnson87 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2015
    London
    Thanks all! Seems simple enough really. Hopefully I can get that done and it makes life easier