Nerms

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I got my friends wii an hour ago and I modded it using letterbomb, during the install I clicked exit instead of install and the system got stuck so I unplugged it and started the install over again. when I finished the disc channel was broken and can't load without some kind of error. I have bootmii can I use that to fix the problem? please help I have like 8 hours before I have to give it back.

thanks

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

I got my friends wii an hour ago and I modded it using letterbomb, during the install I clicked exit instead of install and the system got stuck so I unplugged it and started the install over again. when I finished the disc channel was broken and can't load without some kind of error. I have bootmii can I use that to fix the problem? please help I have like 8 hours before I have to give it back.

thanks
Using the HackMiiInstaller does not break the disc channel or the ability to read discs.

More information please:
  • Error message (possibly picture)
  • Any strange sounds?
  • Please post a SysCheck
  • What exactly did you do besides installing the HB Channel and BootMii? What guide were you using for modding?
=============
Make sure the disc drive hardware is working. Try ripping a legit Wii and/or GameCube disc to your SD or external HDD (best use a 3.5" HDD with it's own power supply).

Nerms

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the HackMiiInstaller does not break the disc channel or the ability to read discs.

More information please:
  • Error message (possibly picture)
  • Any strange sounds?
  • Please post a SysCheck
  • What exactly did you do besides installing the HB Channel and BootMii? What guide were you using for modding?
=============
Make sure the disc drive hardware is working. Try ripping a legit Wii and/or GameCube disc to your SD or external HDD (best use a 3.5" HDD with it's own power supply).
ok but can I uninstall homebrew?
if I install hackmii will that fix the disc channel?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not very good I tried using letterbomb to uninstall the homebrew channel but it just took me to the ctgp-r startup which I deleted and crashed so now I don't know what to do.
Please do yourself a favor and don't try the "Let's delete everything"-method. That will not do anything good. By the way: The Homebrew Channel can theoretically be deleted like any other Channel with the Data Management. I would not recommend deleting it though (this will NOT repair any problem).

I can only repeat myself:

What error do you get? Can we see a photo?
What did you do in addition to installing the Homebrew Channel? What guide did you use?
Please post a SysCheck and try ripping a game with CleanRip.

I'm afraid, I can't even try to help you if you don't provide further information since I don't have a magic crystal ball containing the answer.
crystalball1-gif.239420

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...