help hacking pokemon

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by claudekennilol, Feb 7, 2011.

Feb 7, 2011

help hacking pokemon by claudekennilol at 3:38 PM (580 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. claudekennilol
    OP

Member claudekennilol GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I've been trying to rip my save from Heart Gold with the Savegame Manager app, but no matter what I try, I can't get it working. It's been a long time since I've done any pokemon hacking at all (like gen 2), so I was wanting to lay out my plan and hopefully get some input on what I need to do to go about doing this. So my plan was to rip my save, put the wonder cards on it that I want via pokesav (haven't done that at all so I'm hoping that's simple enough) and give me 99 of the berries that reduce my EVs.

So since I can't get that app to do anything, my plan is now this. Get a save that's completed the game, but doesn't have any wondercard, and change the Name, ID# (and trainer's have a hidden id#, too, yeah? How do I find out what that is?) to those from my commercial cart so the pokemon obtained via the events are "mine." Use my cyclo to do the event stuff with that save. And just trade them back to my commercial cart. Is this doable?

Anyone know where I can find a save to do this with?

2. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    From what I remember, you need the NDS Adapter Plus to rip the save. I googled "Savegame Manager app" and came up with several Wii hits.

I think there is a hg/ss ripper out there because I think I saw a thread here on gbatemp. Will need to look around.

3. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States