Hacking Help - Full Bricked My Old3ds installing arm9

angaba92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Enable the options you need like "Autoboot SysNAND". Also, you're not on 2.1 are you? If so, you'll have to ctrtransfer to 9.2 using Decrypt9 and update from there.
Currently, before all of this happened I am on 2.1
Anyway, i did autoboot sysNand and nothing happen

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't follow video guides, they are usually outdated. The text guide gets updated almost daily and new advancements are made to prevent things from going wrong...
If you think the language is a barrier i think there are forks of the guide for various languages. Don't know if they keep them up to date, though.
Most forks are outdated and still use 5 part guide.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maye
Oh i didn't know that .. I believe it's safe to assume that his issue is related to the folder structre then ?
Maybe he didn't delete the theme files (a "0000008f" folder or something like that). He has to do that or it won't boot on 2.1. Or keep the files out.

Anyway, he should simply restore the NAND backup and everything will be fine.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Maye

Maybe he didn't delete the theme files (a "0000008f" folder or something like that). He has to do that or it won't boot on 2.1. Or keep the files out.

Anyway, he should simply restore the NAND backup and everything will be fine.
I believe he said he started with his 3DS being on 2.1.

angaba92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i followed the steps on the website
i will attach an image with the current situation

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2016-10-05 a las 1.53.04.png
    Captura de pantalla 2016-10-05 a las 1.53.04.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 124

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Luma3DS CAN boot 2.1 since some weeks now (only in O3DS). The person asking is using an O3DS XL (or so it seems from the photo he shared), so it should boot.

I wasn't able to boot it. And no "0000008f" folders were even made on my emunand's 3ds 32 char folders... Or my sysnand for that matter. So i just skipped that and moved the rednand without trying to get into the 2.1 Sys/Luma
Tried on 3 systems, all o3ds.

angaba92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Solved!
Thx u so much to all of u!

edit: it booted, but i'm not able to boot it without the sd inserted. Moreover, the installing process of ARM9 gives an error: Don't find the top.bin file

Last edited by angaba92,

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wasn't able to boot it. And no "0000008f" folders were even made on my emunand's 3ds 32 char folders... Or my sysnand for that matter. So i just skipped that and moved the rednand without trying to get into the 2.1 Sys/Luma
Tried on 3 systems, all o3ds.
Maybe you had an old Luma version. I just did a DSIWare downgrade on a O3DSXL downgrade and it booted 2.1 just fine after installing A9LH.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Solved!

edit: it booted, but i'm not able to boot it without the sd inserted. Moreover, the installing process of ARM9 gives an error: Don't find the top.bin file
Your OTP isn't in the right folder, but you've already got A9LH installed. It also won't boot without the SD.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Maybe you had an old Luma version. I just did a DSIWare downgrade on a O3DSXL downgrade and it booted 2.1 just fine after installing A9LH.
Comsidering i did the guide last wednesday, no. That's not possible. I have 6.3.1 and that's the latest. It just didn't boot/get to the home menu.

angaba92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i don't think i have already installed arm9loaderhax. I did not press select on stage II

Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax
  1. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  2. Do the steps for installing arm9loaderhax on your device:
    • Old 3DS
      • You should be on 2.1.0
      • Go to http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3DS
      • Press (Select) to Full Install
      • The installer will now install arm9loaderhax on your device (this is very fast)
      • Shut down your console, hold the power button until it turns off if necessary
      • Copy your console specific OTP.bin from the /a9lh/ folder on your SD card to a safe location on your computer and back it up to multiple locations (such as online file storage), then reinsert your SD card into your 3DS

Last edited by angaba92,

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Comsidering i did the guide last wednesday, no. That's not possible. I have 6.3.1 and that's the latest. It just didn't boot/get to the home menu.
Well, it's on Plailect Guide now that you should boot into the home menu and updated vía System Settings. The NANDmin.bin restore is put only as troubleshooting. That applies for O3DS on 2.1 and N3DS on 9.2 (since the Guide now installs A9LH on 9.2 when it's a N3DS).

So, yes, the Guide says you should boot into 2.1 when using a O3DS. And it does. Strange that it doesn't work for you.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i don't think i have already installed arm9loaderhax. I did not press select on stage II

Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax
  1. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  2. Do the steps for installing arm9loaderhax on your device:
    • Old 3DS
      • You should be on 2.1.0
      • Go to http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3DS
      • Press (Select) to Full Install
      • The installer will now install arm9loaderhax on your device (this is very fast)
      • Shut down your console, hold the power button until it turns off if necessary
      • Copy your console specific OTP.bin from the /a9lh/ folder on your SD card to a safe location on your computer and back it up to multiple locations (such as online file storage), then reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
Did you managed to finish part 3 or not???

Solved!

If your console doesn't boot without SD then you have successfully installed A9LH and it's working properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1