Homebrew [Help] Fixing injected GBA vertical alignment

Cralex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the recent innovations, I keep hoping someone will find a way to fix shenanigans like this:

a3993b695622997ca095abb4e2cf04ff.jpeg

To be fair, it often gets worse when you press the home button, so the picture is a bit extreme. It's only a sliver when you first launch the game, but it's really annoying. It only happens on this one N3DS that I have, not with my N3DSXL and not all the time. The unit in question was originally hacked otp-less A9LH and region-swapped from J to U, but I've tried it with everything after that. The problem still occurs under Luma 8.0. Any suggestions on how to prevent this would be appreciated. I have tried reinstalling stock AGB Firm without any noticeable improvement.

Reactions: Quantumcat
D

Deleted User

IIRC it has something to do with your SD card storage size and/or cluster size; is it formatted to a 32KB cluster size?

There was a thread about this sort of thing with a DBZ game. I don't remember if the OP fixed the problem with the above information or it was just that game (or any variation, like that dump of the game, etc.).

Reactions: Cralex

Cralex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it's a 128GB card, but I can double-check later. I got it from a reputable source, so I'm sure the card is legit. I *think* it was formatted using either emunand9 or hourglass9, but maybe not? I assume these tools use the 32KB cluster size. Is there any way to check or should I just reformat it and try again? (Obviously, I'd use GM9 nowadays or a PC tool, whichever is recommended.)

Of the many GBA games I've injected, some don't seem to have this problem while others randomly display correctly or not.

Cralex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do some searching on this topic, you'll find the problem only occurs with 128GB cards and nobody ever found a solution (AFAIK).

Ah, ok. Interesting! I tried looking up the topic, but I couldn't think of what search terms to use. Never suspected the SD card, so that didn't help. I'll try reformatting it anyway, to see if it adds any... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Stability.

Edit: And yes, my other unit's card is "only" 64GB, which goes along with what you're saying.

Last edited by Cralex,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands