ROM Hack [Help] Extracting & Repacking Arc Files

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scarlet
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,524
  • Replies Replies 0

Scarlet

Editorial Ascendant
Chief Editor
GBAtemp Patron
Joined
Jan 7, 2015
Messages
6,883
Solutions
2
Reaction score
21,525
Trophies
5
Location
Middleish South-Left
Website
scarlet.works
XP
32,761
Country
United Kingdom
Been browsing the interweb for the past few hours and just keep confusing myself. I basically want to throw together a shoddy translation for a small Hanafuda game. I've decrypted the CIA and got the Arc files handy, but from here I'm entirely lost.

I think I understand that arc is a general format for a lot of different things, and upon inspection via hex editor, the first bytes of the files say "AML_Arciver", and then lists a load of files under it.

I'd really appreciate any help here, and sorry if this has been asked before, I really tried searching but I came up empty :c
 

Site & Scene News