Hacking Help! Encrypted Wup game freezes on boot!

Joltron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have a problem. I am trying to convert a decrypted NSMBU mod to an installable WUP package using Nuspacker.

Everything goes smoothly for the most part. Nuspacker packs my game with no problem. WUP installer GX installs my game with no errors. The game even shows up at the Wii U menu.

However, everytime I boot up my game from the Wii U menu, it crashes on the startup screen in the game. I even checked the cos.xml file and it was 4kb and the file itself looks clean. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Any help is appreciated!

Marcus777

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello! I have a problem. I am trying to convert a decrypted NSMBU mod to an installable WUP package using Nuspacker.

Everything goes smoothly for the most part. Nuspacker packs my game with no problem. WUP installer GX installs my game with no errors. The game even shows up at the Wii U menu.

However, everytime I boot up my game from the Wii U menu, it crashes on the startup screen in the game. I even checked the cos.xml file and it was 4kb and the file itself looks clean. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Any help is appreciated!
Well, I'll recommend you not packing the game with nuspacker Instead get it from other side, try dumping a disc or other method but anyways maybe it has issues with a file but as I said get the game from somewhere else that would help you a lot

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would suggest running the mods through sdcafiine first to verify they work, your title may not be packed/signed correctly in the first place. I assume that you got them from gamebanana?

My experience with mk8 and some botw mods are if they run through sdcafiine okay, the next step would be to replace said mods directly with ftpiiu everywhere if you want the mods installed indefinitely.... Have not seen any pre packed versions of any mod anywhere.

Check sdcafiine here

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sdcafiine.471360/

Be sure to read it all to make sure you get the correct version... Ie if you are a cbhc user or not.

Last edited by Lostbhoy,

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Check that your Cos.xml isn't screwed up. Someone recently revived an old thread regarding this exact issue. I dont know exactly what they did to fix the Cos.xml file but the was the issue
https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-encrypt-wiiu-game-with-nuspacker-to-wupinstall.504166/

Edit: After reading this thread a little more, it seems a common issue for loadiine games that were dumped with the old ddd homebrew to have missing or truncated files in the meta folder Cos.xml is one of those files. If your Cos.xml file is only 2kb instead of 4kb then it has been truncated and is probably missing the permissions portion of the file.

Last edited by dojafoja,
Reactions: jeannotte

Joltron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of my mods worked perfectly fine in sdcafiine. The problem with sdcafiine is that it doesn't load the custom music in the NSMBU mods but it loads everything else. I also checked cos.xml and it says it is 4kb and I loaded the xml and it looks like its clean. I also got NSMBU from USB Helper. Should I try getting NSMBU from somewhere else? Don't worry, I own a physical copy of the game already.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm confused, usb helper doesn't have any NSMBU mods and the title already comes in wup format to be installed unless I'm missing something.... If that's where you got it, it shoud be fine. Have you tried installing it normally to see if the package works on its own? (no mods i mean, just vanilla) my question was where are the mods you want to input coming from and how are you merging them with the original title?

Your mods would have to be in a 'loadiine ready' state (and hiw sdcafiine reads them) and then be converted into a wup with nuspacker to install and it's obviously here something is a miss.

If your music isn't playing through sdcafiine then I would check it has been made properly..... Again, I had issues with custom music in mk8 before I learned of the multi channel editing that was required and also if the files size was larger than the original one being replaced then you will get silence.

Just drawing from my own experiences as i have never touched NSMBU mods I'm afraid!

Last edited by Lostbhoy,

Marcus777

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm confused, usb helper doesn't have any NSMBU mods and the title already comes in wup format to be installed unless I'm missing something.... If that's where you got it, it shoud be fine. Have you tried installing it normally to see if the package works on its own? (no mods i mean, just vanilla) my question was where are the mods you want to input coming from and how are you merging them with the original title?

Your mods would have to be in a 'loadiine ready' state (and hiw sdcafiine reads them) and then be converted into a wup with nuspacker to install and it's obviously here something is a miss.

If your music isn't playing through sdcafiine then I would check it has been made properly..... Again, I had issues with custom music in mk8 before I learned of the multi channel editing that was required and also if the files size was larger than the original one being replaced then you will get silence.

Just drawing from my own experiences as i have never touched NSMBU mods I'm afraid!
Mods needs to be in loadiine format to work since it changes files in the fly no need of converting it search here In GBATemp how does SD cafiine works, and no USB helper doesn't has any mods at all because it uses the Nintendo servers and obviously they don't make things like that if you want game mods search on gamebana

Joltron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! Sorry for the late reply but I figured out what I was doing wrong. I didn't dump NSMBU using ddd so my mods weren't working off the NSMBU I got off of USB helper. It's now working perfectly even with a modified game ID. Thanks for the help guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.