[Help] EmuNAND9 Not Booting on N3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Joom, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Joom
    OP

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    I don't typically post threads looking for help, but this is rather confusing. My brother just purchased an N3DS and I just got done downgrading it to 9.2 so that I could setup an EmuNAND for him. He's not interested in A9LH, so don't even suggest it. Anyway, when trying to boot the latest release of EmuNAND9 from the HBL (loaded through menuhax) it just flashes a red screen, goes black, flashes red again, then just drops back to the HBL menu. I've already completely formatted the SD with GParted and created an entirely new partition table on it, so it's completely clean. Dunno what the problem could possibly be.

2. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Run the downgrade checker https://github.com/svanheulen/downgrade_check

Verify everything is good. Flashing red is usually a sign you're not on 9.2 proper (nativefirm). Post the log file from the downgrade check. Did the unit error out or stop working during the downgrade?

3. Joom
    OP

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, I just did that. Was about to edit the OP saying I solved it because the downgrade was incomplete. Ran SysUpdater again and completed the downgrade. All is working now.

gunner007 likes this.
  4. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    ninja'd, glad all is well!

5. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    We do not generally close topics after they are answered. Answered questions are a wellspring of knowledge to other members who might have a similar issues. This allows them to ask questions and get them to the same end result.