[ help] emunand on 2DS without cards

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by dela, Jan 29, 2015.

1. dela
    OP

dela Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2014
    Italy
    Cagliari
    Hello guys , I'm looking for help to go on the emunand 2DS , do not own gateway / mt -card . But I would use the emunand mt -card / rednand to upgrade to 9.4 in order to use the eshop . Now I used the launcher of the gateway to backup of the nand . and in order to install the emunand gateway , but the launcher does not allow you to use the card without emunand gateway . Then I thought of extracting the files from MT_INSTALLER.NDS arm7 and arm9 but I can not locate inside the arm9 the part about the opening launcher.dat ps : sorry for my english

Original verios:

Ciao ragazzi, sto cercando aiuto per fare andare la emunand sul 2ds, non posseggo gateway/mt-card. Ma vorrei usare la emunand mt-card/rednand per poter aggiornare alle 9.4 per potere usare l'eshop.
    Ora ho usato il launcher della gateway per fare il backup della nella nand. e per poter installare la emunand gateway, ma il launcher non permette di usare la emunand senza la carta gateway.
    Allora ho pensato di estrarre dal MT_INSTALLER.NDS i file arm7 e arm9 perĂ² non riesco individuare dentro l'arm9 la parte riguardante l'apertura launcher.dat ​

Attached Files:

2. Sizednochi

Sizednochi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2012
    Brazil
    I don't think this is possible, no. MT-Card's launcher is encrypted and works only on 4.5, and 2DS can't be downgraded.

We're on the same boat actually.

3. Death78793

Death78793 What is this, a first person shooter?

Jan 16, 2015
    Fellow 2DS owner here. I sure would hope there was a way! Being stuck on 9.2 and unwilling to update SysNAND really makes me feel like I should've bought a 3DS/XL.

4. dela
    OP

dela Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2014
    Italy
    Cagliari
    I know that I can not downgrade to 4.5. For this I thought to be extracted for use arm9 webexploit boot launcher mt -card . But decrypting the arm9 strings I can not find the part about the boot .

o.v:
    So che non posso downgradare al 4.5.
    Per questo ho pensato di estrare arm9 per usare il webexploit boot launcher mt-card.
    Ma anche decriptando l'arm9 in stringhe non riesco a trovare la parte riguardante il boot.

5. nop90

nop90 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 11, 2014
    Italy
    Rome
    The payload of the ds hack is not encrypted and you can find the rop chain well explained on pastebin.

I don't remember if it was in the link i send you, but I'll check later.

If you're looking in the code with an hexeditor, you will not see anything. Try to study what is a ropchain and this will be clear to you.

All the code and the string used to load and run the launcher.dat are in the 3DS memory. The string sys:/launcher.dat was found in memory and was used starting from the second char, after remapping mount point of the SDMC with the label ys:.