[HELP] Dumping Saves

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by godslam, Mar 17, 2010.

Mar 17, 2010

[HELP] Dumping Saves by godslam at 7:58 AM (730 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. godslam
    OP

Newcomer godslam Newbie

United States
    I'm more so trying to make sure I'm clear on this whole thing. This can't be done anymore, right? Well, besides using that dongle for the PC.

I only ask this because I'd like to get my save from the new Pokemon game onto my computer to mess with. If I get an Action Replay, will that work for getting the save?

There's no other way of FTPing into the DS to get the save from the cart'?

Thanks for reading and any answers that follow.

2. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    You can dump saves. It has been possible with homebrew for a while.

If you want to dump HG/SS you need that dongle as the homebrews are old and would need an update to dump HG/SS. AR doesn't work either. I don't think there are other games that can't be dumped but I could be wrong.

3. godslam
    OP

Newcomer godslam Newbie

United States
    Oh, so if I wait a little bit, then they'll update them? Or is this something that may take a while?

4. Nalin

Newcomer Nalin Member

United States
    I would not bet on it at all. It has been ages since any of the save dumpers have been worked on. All Pokemon games from Platinum and up will not work without the hardware dongle. I've searched around a lot and none of save dumpers, for both slot 1 and slot 2 cards, will work properly for Platinum and up. I would not plan on any of them being updated.