Hacking Help DS-X CRASH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reveng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSX Firmware project is nothing to do with the lack of updates, although it could be used for updates.

Its just a simple interesting project, because I like the hardware in the DSX and I would like to know more, and for it to be more Homebrew friendly (wouldnt it be nice to play with programming that FPGA).

The DSX is not the only cart getting this attention, R4DS investigations (not as much as the DSX cause there's only so many hours in the day!)

thegame07 seems a nice guy, leave him alone, he's always helping the Noobs fix their kit.

I do agree the banning thing is a little bizzare on the DSX forum

B.T.W my next project will be a DLDI loader that will check within commercial software the presence of a flash card. The hope being you can then stop pirate copies being played on flash cards, but not homebrew, that's not going to be a popular project in the forums? or maybe scan memory on boot for the tell tale signs of a launchers leftover fingerprint.

DS-X Guru

Part of the DS-X Team
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thegame07 is an ok guy, no one denie that. He is such an ok guy people dont understand why he is still associating with a scum company like yours Guru.

I don't run the company, I am an employee - that's it. I do what I am hired to do. Don't confuse me with the people you call "scum" which actually run the company; and I can tell you, those people who are actually running DS-X are the nicest in the industry I have come around, it's why people like Rabid1, thegame07 as several other helpers stick to DS-X.

You guys promised us regular updates so STFU! Your team is renowned for being crap and sitting back and letting a good product die, not listening to your cutomer base and not even opening your mouths when everyone is begging for a simple status update.

We never made such a promise - Maybe advertisers did, maybe websites did - I do not see us mentioning the interval between updates and how long those periods would be, nor how much changes would be done in between. You expected different from what you got - deal with it.

Firstly no one hears from you for months, and you DARE tell someone to go create their own flashcart? Its not our buiness, its yours! And if you look on this forum you would see that yes, people are developing their own firmware for the Xtreme, everyone is tired of your BS excuses and lies.

If you say you can do better, and that we do shitty - yes, I tell you to show me you can do better. after all, why not? If you can do better, you would benefit yourself and so would the entire community
smile.gif
I don't see whats wrong with that.

QUOTE(the newgod @ Jan 15 2008, 05:02 PM)You are scum, a thief and a liar. GBAtemp have updated the review for your piece of crap product, and they adress the way you guys treat your customers too so hopefully you lot will go bust soon.

Again, I do not see why you call me scum, where I have stolen anything or where I lied. And if you wish us "death", so be it.

QUOTE(the newgod @ Jan 15 2008, 05:02 PM)
Now STFU and go finish the firmware

You seem to be obviously confused. I do not work on the Firmware at all - I do internal beta testing, and usually the public beta tests. However, I have never touched the source code of the Firmware, not even compiled it.

So, to be completely clear on this:

1) DS-X Guru is not developing on the DS-X Firmware and never has been.
2) DS-X Guru is not the "boss" of DS-X and does not run the company, I am merely an employee doing my Job - thats where it starts and ends.

With that said, this is most likely my last post for ages if I am to post again. I just couldn't see supporters who did everything right getting attacked for no good reason.

the newgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I refer to you as "scum" I mean you, yourself and the company you represent. You actively promoted the cart so yes you are thieving lying patronizing scum. You guys have been messing u around for 9 months are you surprised you get customers like me posting this kind of thing? If you guys were honest, instead of leading us on a pathetic charade all this time, with your "sooner than you think" BS, and all the locking and banning and deleting on the forums, maybe we would be more patient. So your not going to post again for ages, ok, firstly whats new? secondly if your going to tell us anything other than "new firmware released" im not interested in what you have to say. Keep your sob stories about how "nice" the DSX team are to yourself, the way you guys treated customers on the forums is not nice, neither is the way you guys have messed us about for so long.

As for this
QUOTE said:
Again, I do not see why you call me scum, where I have stolen anything or where I lied. And if you wish us "death", so be it
You and the team have been very deceptive, you HAVE ripped us off (you and the team, you sold it, live with it) and yeah I hope you guys go bust so no other people get ripped off the way I and my friends have been.

Now STFU and go finish the firmware!

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
now if we could get ds-x guru to give us an update via the ds-x forums, we would all be in for a treat.

You may have not promised us a timeline for said updates, but you did make many other promises for the team that the team have failed to satisfy, which is why 85% of users on these forums are upset and all we want is is an update. I understand making a cart and updating it isn't cheap or easy. But if ten other cart companies/teams can do it and keep their customers happy, why is it such a hassle for the ds-x team? If every other team out there is giving their customers near 100% compatibility, why can't we get the same?

Near launch, there were many promises made, many of which made my purchase easy. Now, over a year later, it doesn't seem as obvious. It all comes down to the promises that were made and none of which have been kept.

I'm not mad at you ds-x guru, but you were the public figure making these promises, so who else do we have to go through. You're obviously the one with the most direct connection the to the team. I asked nicely for over a month on the ds-x forums with not a single reply. How am I supposed to show as much respect for something like that? I have even messaged some of the team, I think he was at least. He gave me a quick answer about an update coming in the next few days. Two weeks later, nothing and now won't answer my PM's.

thanks....

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I must be on to something, DS-X Guru and Rabid1 are posting and they NEVER do!

First of all, I was trying to help TheGame07 by pulling him away from your garbage company, I respect what he does but can't understand why.

QUOTE said:
I have NEVER heard your name, NEVER seen an e-mail from you to DS-X asking for anything

Maybe it's because you have abandonned the ds-x forum?

QUOTE said:
Every bit of information regarding the DS-Xtreme was known after the product launched

Are you referring to this, from the ds-x main page?

QUOTE said:
We in this for the long haul, the Ds-Xtreme is still a baby, barely able to crawl, its has a lot yet to offer , and in the coming year or so, we hope to prove this. Yes right now its core features are amazing and ground breaking, but in six months when other devices hit the market, we want our customers who have paid good money for their device to feel that they have invested in us and our design , not just spent some hard earned cash on a disposable unit. Yes we will have multiple products, but NO we will not let our “older” designs die off in just a few months with lack of support or updates.

And now your saying...

QUOTEbut if we could give you a new firmware every week, we would.

Could you implement the arm7fix? That shouldn't take 6 months?

why not go and create your own Flashcart, tell us how easy it is

Actually no, that's not my job, I paid money so I wouldn't have to worry about it (too much money).

I don't have a problem with TheGame07, I have worked for a pice of crap company before, I understand. I wish him the best when Ds-x finnaly dies off. And BTW, I don't think it's very professional to call a REAL customer trash, scum, loser and so on.

the newgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And BTW, and don't think it's very professional to call a REAL customer trash, scum, loser and so on.

Guru wasn't calling you scum, he was responding to me calling him scum, which he is. Also I am a real (dissatisfied) customer.

EDIT!!! My apologies mate I missed Rabid1's little dig at you, dont worry hes just mad cos he cant ban you from these forums, everyone knows he is one of the worst mods around today, the rest at the DS-Xtreme forums are pretty cool people (thegame07, Hso, ChuckMcb) But Rabid1 is a complete twat.

Rabid1 and Guru STFU AND FINISH THE FIRMWARE!!!

selamat.tingal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow!... this thread has definitely stirred up some interest at DS-X. Anybody knows why? I mean... the reaction seams pretty disproportionate when considering the prejudice to thegame07.

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
I expect to hear it of me because I got blamed for every ban or edit on the board and I accepted that. I don't mind being the bad guy because if I ever care about what someone on the internet thinks of me I'd probably kill myself for being a pathetic loser.

Paranoia
wacko.gif

jaygee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the bottom line is the DS-X remains a product with potential that was never given a chance by it's developers to utilize that potential.

People got restless, many we're rude, but just cause they were rude dosen't make them wrong in their complaints, just the delivery of said complaint.

However it is truly bad customer service to snap back at a customer no matter if they get out of line or not. The Mods of the forum are the voice of the product. Disrespecting your customers is no way to to buisness.

The customer is always right! It doesn't matter how stupid or repetitive a customers question may be. As the consumer they have every right to ask whatever they want. It may be frustrating to answer the same damn question over and over, and it may be frustrating to deal with an unruly customer, but get another job if you can't handle it.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, all I see are a bunch of people who bought a product based on promises made by the company. Sure, it may be poor practices on the side of the DS-X Team to make promises and not fulfill them, but you're all disregarding how stupid of a consumer that makes you for buying on faith.

You made the decision to buy. For the love of god you've bitched about it long enough.

(Yes, I own a DSX.)

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't own a DSX but what is all this incredible drama behind it? I have read this whole thread out of interest and this pretty much takes the cake for most dramatic flash cart related topic I have seen. Wow. The DSX isn't that bad. It actually seems like a very good cart to me. I thought the DSX was AMAZING awhile back.

selamat.tingal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own a DSX but what is all this incredible drama behind it? I have read this whole thread out of interest and this pretty much takes the cake for most dramatic flash cart related topic I have seen. Wow. The DSX isn't that bad. It actually seems like a very good cart to me. I thought the DSX was AMAZING awhile back.
I used to own a few. The cart is ok, but its firmware is out of date. The thing is way overpriced when considering the level of support the team has been offering.

When I posted earlier on, I had not noticed the GBAtemp review had been updated. That pretty much explains the visits from the DS-X mods. It's also causing a little stir at DS-X's official forum.

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Things have always gotten worse since the last 6 months, always downhill. Ds-x guru is posting here but nothing on his forum? Where the F$%K is Aphex, Dino and Leto? Are they going to post here to?

Ds-x guru is a coward, he can go post in is own forum where people are BEGGING to hear anything from him. Once again he is not helping or doing anything to help the situation, too afraid to post anything, he can't even do his job anymore, coward.

It's great to see him sticking out for his buddy, he's even posting about it! Too bad he won't even post anything to the people that matter, the customers, you know, the scumbags and losers.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you guys sign up just to bash the DS-x?

Is ds-x guru's job to hang around on the forums and talk to trolls like you?
Anyone who doesn't go around bashing the DS-x is part of the problem?
And when the hell was 'posting on forums' part of ANY job description?

To be honest - I don't care much for the DS-x or it's company (as in - I have no interest, not that I dislike it)

If you have a personal problem with someone from the DS-x team, go contact them. But insulting the entirety of the company and anyone affiliated with them? That's stupid.

Maybe you should grow up and stop calling people cowards online.
dry.gif

Neuromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We never made such a promise - Maybe advertisers did, maybe websites did - I do not see us mentioning the interval between updates and how long those periods would be, nor how much changes would be done in between. You expected different from what you got - deal with it.

These are your own words: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35742 (Aug 12 2006)

"DS-X is currently hard at work to get 100% Compatibility - If there would be any issue with one or the other Game i am pretty sure DS-X would be releasing a Firmware update for the DS-Xtreme to get those Games working."

So, you never claimed to support ROMS at all? It was an advertiser or reseller website that hax0red your account?

As said before, showing up after months of silence to claim that we were "never promised anything" is scandalous.

Could you also talk about the fact that the DS-X Team has been doing nothing but sit on ass for the past 8 months? Or if you think that is an untrue statement, could you provide links to the firmwares they've released in this time?

"So without further delay, i can now reveal that the DS-Xtreme officially supports: USB Debugging (alas i can not reveal more about this feature at the present time)"

So, 16 months later, how is the USB debugger, mac support, and skinning app coming along? Or you haven't been working on them because you were busy working on... what?

Please stop trying to play the surly working man who's being unfairly questioned. If the 'work' was even seen it might be different. You are the public face of DS-X Team, and I doubt any of them objected when you stopped posting on the forums. I mean, the DS-X has big problems now, it's not a good homebrew card or a good ROM card, and the most important thing you worry about is not having to admit any wrongdoing? Could you admit some "rightdoing" like working on a firmware instead of trying to find ways to produce yet another batch of carts?

As far as "Oh we never set a schedule for updates" goes, that is true. However, after enough time goes by, common sense starts to kick in. Any action or task that has ever been completed on this planet gives us a timeframe. If it takes you twice as long as everyone else to release ANYTHING, fair enough. But when it stretches out to 16 or 32 times as long as everyone else, it gets kind of obvious something fishy is going on.

There is nothing wrong with thegame07. *One* person said he should quit working for DS-X. He didn't say he was bad person or anything.

I used to respect the hell out of you, Guru, and talked to you on DS-X forums all the time. As far as I was concerned, you were big pimpin. Then you just kind of quietly flaked out, so I don't know where all this hate for your userbase comes from. Why does the team get all pissed off when they are expected to do their jobs? Wouldn't it take alot less energy to just... do the job?

EDIT: Also, could you explain why MODCHIPSTORE.COM is still the #1 reseller on the list of authorized sellers? You told us that they were "probably ignoring DS-X customers until the stock comes in" a while ago... and everyone still has their billed creditcard and no DS-X. So if MODCHIPSTORE.COM is a confirmed scam operation (www.resellerratings.com), why are they still authorized?

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

I did, it's my right, look at my signature. I will never get my 130$ back, I was insulted and now it's my turn.

QUOTEThere is nothing wrong with thegame07. *One* person said he should quit working for DS-X. He didn't say he was bad person or anything.

Thank you, someone is smart enuff to get it...

Neuromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Is ds-x guru's job to hang around on the forums and talk to trolls like you?
Anyone who doesn't go around bashing the DS-x is part of the problem?
And when the hell was 'posting on forums' part of ANY job description?

To be honest - I don't care much for the DS-x or it's company (as in - I have no interest, not that I dislike it)

If you have a personal problem with someone from the DS-x team, go contact them. But insulting the entirety of the company and anyone affiliated with them? That's stupid.

Maybe you should grow up and stop calling people cowards online.
dry.gif

Maybe you should check out the situation before you throw your 2 cents in? One person said something about thegame07, and it wasn't exactly an insult. So I don't know who these "guys" are that signed up just to bash DS-X.

You should read GBATemps revised review of the DS-X. No one needs to bash the DS-X - they are doing a perfect job of that themselves. If you can defend a company who hasn't done ANYTHING in the past 8 months against paying customers begging for an update, then I don't know what to tell ya. So if you have insider information on exactly what is going on, then cough it up or keep walkin till you've done a little research.

EDIT: MrSpud - I don't agree with personal attacks but I agree with you having the right to complain about a purchase you made. If you feel ripped off, then others have a right to know how you feel, and they are just as free to agree or disagree.

the newgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Listen the whole situation with thegame07 is just nonsense ok? Guru comes out of hiding along with Rabid1 to valiantly defend thegame07 (who I repeat is cool, ok?) Coincidentally at the same time as this place changes its review of the DS-Xtreme so people know what a piece of crap it is, so instead of everyone talking about "Yeah finally, an up to date review of that piece of crap card!" People are talking about "Well thegame07 is a great guy!" Dosent Guru's unexpected re-emergence just seem like a bit of a cynical distracting move to you guys?

And as for this
QUOTE said:
(iritegood @ Jan 15 2008, 10:37 PM)

Man we tried to be nice and go about things diplomatically at the official DS-Xtreme forums, but you cant say anything there no matter how legitimate, your posts just get locked and deleted and you get banned if you dont sugarcoat everything.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to spend two pages bitching in a thread where someone asks a simple question about fixing his device. Once again, you were the one who decided to buy the cart, that was your decision, and you should have known better than to take everything a company says as utter truth. Maybe this will teach you to be a smart consumer the next time you smash open your piggy banks and spend that 6 months of allowance you've been collecting.

Its called marketing kids, grow up.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch +1