Help downgrading from 11.0 to 9.2 using OOThax

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by that_cereal_guy, Nov 5, 2016.

1. that_cereal_guy
    OP

that_cereal_guy Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2014
    United States
    It's probably been answered before but I'm too lazy to search for an answer in the forum (sorry! :) ).

I have my old 3DS XL with 11.0 with my copy of OOT to load the Homebrew Launcher. I'm just wondering if there's any way to downgrade to 9.2 so I can use Browserhax and restore my old save file for my OOT and use a more recent exploit, like Paper Mario or VVVVVV.

I tried PlaiSysUpdater but there's an error with the am:u service. Any suggestions or tutorials showing other methods for downgrading?
    I tried this one https://plailect.github.io/Guide/ but apparently, the only way to downgrade is by hardmodding my 3ds.

2. Dopey The Gemini

Dopey The Gemini Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2016
    United States
    Either use a hardmod, or use the DSIWare method, which requires a 2nd 3ds which already has cfw

3. that_cereal_guy
    OP

that_cereal_guy Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2014
    United States
    But there will be a new method later to downgrade (like someone developing a homebrew app) or simply I'm screwed because Nintendo patched all ways to downgrade...

4. cravas

cravas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    Portugal
    Oeiras
    That method will come soon...

Yeah, right...

Just stay still waiting for it...Are you still waiting?... Oh, remember to breathe...

Yes, I'm also lazy to give a proper answer.