Hacking Help ! Custom Firmware Rei absent after changing theme ?

lionceaudelta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone, I am absolutly destroyed, it's been 2 years that I am on installing and trying to manage with custom firmwares and others functions for 3DS.

I succed to install Reinand 10.5 so i was happy and everything.

But this afternoon, I just wanted to change the Menutheme of the original 3DS System, so i changed it from default to pink.
And after that there is no more way to asses Reinand by holding L when starting the 3DS.
I tried to but the default theme back en the 3DS systeme but still not possible to access CF !

I am very scared and I do not know what to try ?

Should I do again all the procedure I did when I installed it for the first time or is there an easier way ?

Thank you for your attention. :ohnoes:

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes because if you change the theme via the original 3ds themechanger menuhax gets destroyed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i have unlinked nands, coldboot to reinand and i only change themes with chm2. (if you have unlinked nands and deleted menuhax on emunand you can change the theme with chmm 2 or the nintendo setting you should be fine)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everyone, I am absolutly destroyed, it's been 2 years that I am on installing and trying to manage with custom firmwares and others functions for 3DS.

I succed to install Reinand 10.5 so i was happy and everything.

But this afternoon, I just wanted to change the Menutheme of the original 3DS System, so i changed it from default to pink.
And after that there is no more way to asses Reinand by holding L when starting the 3DS.
I tried to but the default theme back en the 3DS systeme but still not possible to access CF !

I am very scared and I do not know what to try ?

Should I do again all the procedure I did when I installed it for the first time or is there an easier way ?

Thank you for your attention. :ohnoes:
1. Use TinyFormat to format your sysNAND, unlinking your NANDs (so you can change your theme on emuNAND without it affecting menuhax, and so menuhax doesn't trigger on emuNAND)
2. Reinstall menuhax on your sysNAND
3. Change the menuhax config to autoboot unless a button combination is pressed
4. Forget sysNAND even exists, just use emuNAND for everything.
5. Enjoy autobooting into CFW emuNAND whenever you power on your 3DS without needing to hold a button.
A9LH is also an option but it takes a lot of work to install.

lionceaudelta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, I used Tinker and it ask me to select a theme to install, so i selected one custom theme I had on my SD card.

Then I have this screen, I don't really know what choice I should take.

CirTJUQXIAAyGzH.jpg

I remind you that what I care is not having a praticular theme on my 3DS, what I care about is being able to load directly my CF while starting my 3DS by holding L, so how Tinker would help me to do that ?

Thank you :)

Last edited by lionceaudelta,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
So, I used Tinker and it ask me to select a theme to install, so i selected one custom theme I had on my SD card.

Then I have this screen, I don't really know what choice I should take.

I remind you that what I care is not having a praticular theme on my 3DS, what I care about is being able to load directly my CF while starting my 3DS by holding L, so how Tinker would help me to do that ?

Thank you :)
Just reinstall menuhax then.

lionceaudelta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is ok for that in fact it is the first choise to select on the picture I put, it was just in front of me haha. My booting with L is working again ! :toot:

As I am here I still have questions :

• With Tinker I was able to install a custom theme on the sysNAND, but is it possible to install a custom theme on the emuNAND, how ?
• Is that normal that the Date and Time don't pass corectly on the emuNAND ?
• When I am on the emuNAND (I am in Rei 10.7.0-32E) can I update my console to have Rei 11.0.0-33E or this is a bad idea ?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is ok for that in fact it is the first choise to select on the picture I put, it was just in front of me haha. My booting with L is working again ! :toot:

As I am here I still have questions :

• With Tinker I was able to install a custom theme on the sysNAND, but is it possible to install a custom theme on the emuNAND, how ?
• Is that normal that the Date and Time don't pass corectly on the emuNAND ?
• When I am on the emuNAND (I am in Rei 10.7.0-32E) can I update my console to have Rei 11.0.0-33E or this is a bad idea ?

- yeah absolutely, you can use the CHMM2 cia to change to a custom theme. Themes can be found at 3dsthem.es ;)
- no that is not normal, but I'd have no idea what causes the issue. Does it work normally on your sysnand?
- you can always update your Emunand to the latest version (but do check if reinand supports 11.0 because I'm not sure on that)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How to do that ? sorry haha
Launch browserhax by scanning the QR code on this page with your 3DS: http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php
Then in HBL launch menuhax manager. Make sure you have the latest starter kit from https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip on the SD card first.
In menuhax manager you can also change the button config to auto (select type2 and hold the button combination used to cancel menuhax autoboot and tap the touch screen)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended