Hacking Help copying Nintendo 3DS file

blue dusty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I am trying to copy all the information from my original 4gb SD card to a new 32gb SD card but keep coming up against a problem with the Nintendo 3DS file. The reason I need to upgrade my SD card is I have followed the tutorials etc to add Decrypt/Homebrew/Lumia etc and need to store some games.

When trying to copy the card It keeps saying that the Nintendo 3DS folder source code is too long etc (Has files with loads of letters and numbers) and it can't be copied. I have tried copying it to the desktop and this keeps happening. I take it that I need to keep the folders exactly as they are?

Any help appreciated as I am banging my head against a brick wall now.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks but unfortunately that still does not work

@offpir Good idea, totally forgot about that. But idk about that tool and you still have to write the image to the SD card and the target SD card is of a different size. So you should look below @blue dusty

Try this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/

Yes it's for emuNAND but that doesn't matter. The important part is still there .. Make a 1:1 copy of the SD card, then write it to the new SD card and then finally extend the partition of the new SD card so that you can use all of it's space. Very easy to do - Done it couple times myself. And by doing this you would not have to worry about file name length.

I don't know what the actual issue is but this will definitely let you bypass it. I didn't know Windows even cared about file name length anymore .. what are you using, Windows XP? :rofl2:

Last edited by Distrance,
Reactions: HyperT

blue dusty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Distrance, I am using windows 10 ha ha - Wish I still had xp though!!

Thanks for all your help I have managed to sort it by downloading a copy of Ease Partition manager that cloned the sd card, I could not work out windiskmanager. I only solved it because of the suggestions you gave.

My daughter is happy playing her games now :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi