Hacking Help - Console number changed!

reel1ab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping someone could shed some light what just happened to my Wii.

I recently bought it. It came installed with software 3.4u out of the box. I then installed the Homebrew Channel via the Twilight Hack, then downgraded to 3.2u. After doing all this, I happened to check my console number, and it was completely different than it was before I started messing with it.

Has anyone heard of this happening? Could it be that the software hack transferred over information or the console # from someone else's Wii?

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WalkerOfTheDay said:
What do you mean by console nr ??

It's basically the Wii's internet address (and not to be confused with a games friend code), like an email address or a network cards MAC address

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I play a little bit with the Backup Disc 1.31 (gayfish) and discover that your Wii only have like 10 combination of numbers, so I was able to put it back to original, but I don't think any other application can do this, so you might want to check wich apps did you use....!!!
smile.gif

swf3

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Well I play a little bit with the Backup Disc 1.31 (gayfish) and discover that your Wii only have like 10 combination of numbers, so I was able to put it back to original, but I don't think any other application can do this, so you might want to check wich apps did you use....!!!
smile.gif

where did you get Backup Disc 1.31 (gayfish) from
please p.m me info

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The console id code or console number is what is used by nintendo to track your purchases via the shop channel...
this code gets changed by the wii during a format of its system memory and or if you do a downgrade from 3.4x
however it does not always happen with the 3.4x downgrade.... just a select few for some reason....
to back up this nummber you could use the setting_replace.dol homebrew available at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Image:Setting_replace.zip
Or by using the wiibackupdisc (gayfish disc).

-kitt050383

reel1ab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

Yes it's the console id number (16 digits- XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX) that you register a friend with, etc.

Well funny enough, and this shows you how new I am to the Wii or game consoles for that matter, I put in a new SD card and thought I was formatting it by using the settings tab, but in fact formatted the actual Wii. Duh!!! I have a mac and only now just learned how to format FAT16, which isn't that easy. So that's why I was looking to have the Wii format it.

So, I did all that before the entire downgrade session.

I guess it may have reset twice then.

I was just freaked out by it, but it sounds normal.

Thanks for the feedback, esp Kitt050383 - You guys are FAST!!

Cheers!

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Thanks for the feedback, esp Kitt050383 - You guys are FAST!!

your very welcome reel1ab!!!!!

-kitt050383

im both a mac an a pc guy i can see how you got confused....
but the wii is not a digital camera it does not as of yet format the wii's sd-card....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn