Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
D

Deleted-379826

OP
Malwarebytes scan down with about 120 threats and there was malware although I chose not to restart and will do other scans first and restart at once is that bad?

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Malwarebytes scan down with about 120 threats and there was malware although I chose not to restart and will I other scans first and restart at once is that bad?
I would personally restart then do the other checks but it's not exactly "bad"

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Malwarebytes scan down with about 120 threats and there was malware although I chose not to restart and will do other scans first and restart at once is that bad?
I would restart first.

No I mean every. There are loads.
Stop putting words in my mouth just because you dont see any reason.
It is objectively true that you have not typed a single reason why you dislike Windows 10.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is objectively true that you have not typed a single reason why you dislike Windows 10.
I agreed with the things astro said. Is that not enough?
Also
DIGOdw3.png

I'll go remind myself of these reasons then.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Also
DIGOdw3.png

Enough circlejerking please?

Also, if most people were bright enough, they wouldn't even need to mess with AVs if they actually know what they are doing with their systems.

D

Deleted-379826

OP
Enough circlejerking please?

Also, if most people were bright enough, they wouldn't even need to mess with AVs if they actually know what they are doing with their systems.
What were you suggesting?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I said you had no intention of having a constructive conversation where you provided reasons for your statement, the answer is no.

That's probably a good idea.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
What were you suggesting?
A very simple advice is to not look on shady websites for software cracks or whatever. Even better, don't install anything you couldn't verify the source.

You don't even need the full version of malwarebyte. Simply using the free version is enough.
Again, like I said, if you or anyone actually know what they are doing on their machines, AVs are rather useless.

D

Deleted-379826

OP
A very simple advice is to not look on shady websites for software cracks or whatever. Even better, don't install anything you couldn't verify the source.

You don't even need the full version of malwarebyte. Simply using the free version is enough.
Again, like I said, if you or anyone actually know what they are doing on their machines, AVs are rather useless.
Ik it was my fault and it's not a shady website it's just some downloads could be and its my fault for not being careful and I usually look at comments but that time I just didn't it was my bad and I do know what I was doing just for some reason didn't.

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
So basically I was wanting to get malwarebytes premium from a certain site ;) that many people may or may not use and basically one to____t I got had a fake install and cr__k for it so basically I got screwed with viruses. Does anyone know or can suggest how I can make it like it never happened? Thanks! :D

Malwarebytes is not an antivirus. Get avast. Install that, and use its boot time antivirus to clean your computer, or just reinstall windows.

Avast is a pain in the arse with offer windows, but no other antivirus has this boot time option. It's the only way to clean a pc completely of them. They can hide, mask themselves etc when windows is running.

I know someone will have a go at me for this, but I've built a ten year+ career on it.

Reactions: Lacius

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Loving the irony here. You tried to crack an anti virus, and got a virus instead. You know premium is super cheap for MBAM, right? Not to mention it isn't even necessary..

Windows Defender coupled with MBAM works amazing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Driver issues, privacy bullshit, incompatibility, general ugliness, etc.

In all seriousness I CBA to read 2 pages, what's going on exactly? I've had experience with malware before, both writing and cleaning it :P

At the risk of losing my IQ. Can we keep baseless opinions out of here please? None of those "issues" have been a concern on the 16 computers I've put Windows 10 on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I would restart first.

Its just opinionated exaggeration. That's all. Windows 10 is objectively one of the best Windows operating systems out. Fast, sleek. It just... Works. There are a few drawbacks.. Especially when upgrading. Always do a clean install!!

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: Lacius and VinsCool

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its just opinionated exaggeration. That's all. Windows 10 is objectively one of the best Windows operating systems out. Fast, sleek. It just... Works. There are a few drawbacks.. Especially when upgrading. Always do a clean install!!
>opinionated exaggeration
>works for me so it must work

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most people don't know what they're doing, and mistakes do happen even to those who do know what they're doing. Merely visiting a website with infected advertisements could infect a computer, and a real-time antivirus would be helpful in that situation, among others. I do not recommend people go without a real-time antivirus program because, even if one understands what he or she is doing, not having a real-time antivirus program does increase one's chances of infection.

To use an analogy, one is very unlikely (<1%) to contract HIV when on PrEP, but I wouldn't call condoms useless; they're still recommended.

smh you all, @Rydian wrote a perfectly usable guide, although it seems to have been scrambled up when the site was hacked and the software was updated, however, it did get me out of a few sticky situations:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/spyware-adware-virus-trojan-rootkit-keylogger-removal-guide.208774/
I was going to link to this guide earlier before I noticed it got scrambled. It is a very good guide with a lot of useful information if one is willing to wade through the formatting mess.

Malwarebytes is not an antivirus. Get avast. Install that, and use its boot time antivirus to clean your computer, or just reinstall windows.

Avast is a pain in the arse with offer windows, but no other antivirus has this boot time option. It's the only way to clean a pc completely of them. They can hide, mask themselves etc when windows is running.

I know someone will have a go at me for this, but I've built a ten year+ career on it.
Malwarebytes Premium is a real-time antivirus, but there's no need for it. Most real-time antivirus programs are effectively the same, and most people only use Malwarebytes for cleaning preexisting infections.

If one is looking for a real-time antivirus, I recommend Windows Defender (for its ease of use and the fact that it stays out of one's way) or Avast (for its effectiveness if you're a tech savvy user who doesn't mind some intrusion from time to time). Their detection rates are comparable, and I see no reason to buy a paid antivirus program.

>opinionated exaggeration
>works for me so it must work
Instead of building strawmen and putting words in other people's mouths, go use Windows 10 like you said you would and come back when you've found a legitimate criticism of it. No one's going to feed you.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Instead of building strawmen and putting words in other people's mouths, go use Windows 10 like you said you would and come back when you've found a legitimate criticism of it. No one's going to feed you.
Can you just shut up about that already.
There is no need to say anything that astro has not said for me.
End of story.
I'm done here. Go use it if you want to. I never stopped you.
Goodbye.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...