Hacking Help Compliling USBLoader

WiiZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone give me some guidance on getting started compiling the latest Configurable SDUSBLoader with FAT32 support? I'm familiar with programming - just not cross-compiling for the Wii. Here's what I've done so far:

Downloaded & installed devkitPPC Rev 19 (http://www.devkitpro.org/)
Downloaded the Configurable SDUSBLoader sources (Source code of fat support in the loader: SDUSB-Loader_cfg46-fat-src.zip and Source code for cfg loader v44: SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src.zip)

Started up msys. (note - at the time I didn't realize I can change paths outside of the msys dir, so the sample below shows that I moved everything under msys... I've since changed that, though it shouldn't matter one way or another)

Performing a make then produces a long list of errors - so I'm assuming at this point either I've missed some critical step, I don't have all the libs I need, or I need to reorganize my directory structure a bit.

Me@Home /SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src
$ make
GRRLIB.c
In file included from F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c:17:
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.h:71: error: expected ')' before 'v'
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.h:76: error: expected ')' before 'v'
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.h:77: error: expected ')' before 'v'
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.h:88: error: expected ')' before 'pos'
In file included from F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c:17:
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.h:90: error: expected ')' before 'pos'
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.h:112: error: expected ')' before 'v'
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c: In function 'GRRLIB_Plot':
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c:44: error: 'Vector' undeclared (first use in this function)
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c:44: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c:44: error: for each function it appears in.)
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c:44: error: expected ';' before 'v'
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c:46: warning: implicit declaration of function 'GRRLIB_NPlot'
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c:46: error: 'v' undeclared (first use in this function)
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c: At top level:
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c:55: error: expected ')' before 'v'
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c: In function 'GRRLIB_Line':
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c:68: error: 'Vector' undeclared (first use in this function)
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c:68: error: expected ';' before 'v'
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c:70: warning: implicit declaration of function 'GRRLIB_NGone'
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c:70: error: 'v' undeclared (first use in this function)
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c: In function 'GRRLIB_Rectangle':
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c:85: error: 'Vector' undeclared (first use in this function)
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c:85: error: expected ';' before 'v'
F:/devkitPro/msys/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/GRRLIB.c:88: error: 'v' undeclared (first use in this function)
(The above continues for quite a while - I'll spare you the details)
make[1]: *** [GRRLIB.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

What did I do wrong?

EDIT - I've also since grabbed libfat and libogc and done make & make installs. Didn't change anything above though.

WiiZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After looking into the source of the errors, I realized that it was using GRRLib from http://grrlib.santo.fr, and that was where the initial source of my problem was. I went there and downloaded the latest copy, and the README with that package stated that Vector was renamed to guVector. While I probably should have tried to figure out how to get the old package version, I instead modified the code to reference guVector.

Doing so got me well past my initial problem, though I'm now getting:

$ make
disc.c
f:/devkitPro/Wii_Code/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/disc.c: In function '__Disc_SetTime':
f:/devkitPro/Wii_Code/SDUSB-Loader_cfg44-src/source/disc.c:180: error: conflicting types for 'settime'
f:/devkitPro/libogc/include/ogc/lwp_watchdog.h:73: note: previous declaration of 'settime' was here
make[1]: *** [disc.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

Which I assume has something to do with the fact that I just downloaded devkitPro - and they just published an upgrade a couple days ago.

Getting closer anyway...

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the settime thing was changed a few months ago and i guess that loader is still written using the older definition. if i remember correctly, it is defined as a long long and needs to be u64. or maybe the other way around.

or you could try to just change the name of it in the disc.c file to settime1 everywhere that it is used. whatever you change, do it in the source file and not in the included file in libogc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn