Help Class of Heroes 2G Get a physical release

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by raybattousai, Apr 15, 2014.

?

Is this something you would consider purchasing?

1. Yeah looks great

50.0%
  2. Nah too weeb

50.0%
  1. raybattousai
    OP

raybattousai GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    Remember that awesome publisher who brought great JRPGs to the west that no one else would? No not Atlus, Xseed, Square, Enix, NISA or any of those other companies that you actually remember. I'm talking about Working Designs! You know the guys that released the Lunar games and Magical Knight Rayearth and umm and uhh......Well that company is gone...or it was.. well still is, but Its president started a new company called Gaijinworks shortly after the first company closed in 2005. Since then they've continued to bring "niche" Japanese video games to the west for us all to enjoy. Most recently they've decided to bring Class of Heroes 2G to the PS3, but are currently trying to gauge consumer interest in a physical release of the game.

class.png

So if this seems like a game you'd enjoy and would prefer to own physically or if you're a collector who likes the idea of a single run physical copy only available through sign up than head on over to their website and fill in the form at the bottom of the page.

:arrow: source

2. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
    What is this game like? Kawaii jrpg? If so, no thanks.

3. raybattousai
    OP

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    There is a trailer if you follow the link
    It plays like a tough old school first person Dungeon crawler.
    Oh and they make use of remote play by allowing you to use either a PSP or PS Vita as a second screen to hold maps, inventory, enemy and party info and other useful bits. Nothing revolutionary, but useful if you have either of the handhelds laying around

4. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    Its a dungeon crawler jrpg
    I played the original on psp but got bored of it, too much recycled content

5. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    7,000 copies doesn't seem like a tall order, I think there's enough weeaboos out there. I personally don't care for dungeon crawlers aside from a couple favorite franchises, but then again, I always meant to try Class of Heroes and never got around to actually play it.

6. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Filthy Gaijinworks go home.

Neat, I guess, but I'm gonna pass.

7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    it's on the ps3 so that's a NO from me :P

8. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    I'm guessing the digital version costs less, so most people are going to be against it. Why spend $40 on a game when you can spend $20? Heck, why spend $20 when you can spend $0? I love you, Rebug.

9. raybattousai
    OP

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    Actually digital games on psn usually cost the same as the physical release and there prices stay the same for a long time unlike physical copies which usually get cheaper over time. The only recent exception to this I can think of is MGSV: GZ