Hacking [HELP] CFW o3DS v2.1.0-4E

GiovyX96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i just bought an old 3ds with this firmware (Its a gift for a very special person :P)
Any help to install a cfw?
I already have a New3DS with 9.0 Pasta/Cakes CFW, but i don't know how to do it in this case. ^^"
I have Cubic Ninja and a R4i 3ds rts (maybe it can be useful).
Thanks for help. :)

Last edited by GiovyX96,

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
basically, before worrying about setting up a CFW, you need to update the firmware to 4.x using a game cartridge with that firmware update.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

GiovyX96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last edited by GiovyX96,

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
And do NOT upgrade from 4.5 to 9.2 by using a game cartridge you dont get a browser update that way. To update to 9.2 from 4.5 use rxtools in devmode and system updater ....youll need system files for 9.2 in a folder called Updates and make SURE you get 9.2 folder for old 3ds....best of luck....

GiovyX96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And do NOT upgrade from 4.5 to 9.2 by using a game cartridge you dont get a browser update that way. To update to 9.2 from 4.5 use rxtools in devmode and system updater ....youll need system files for 9.2 in a folder called Updates and make SURE you get 9.2 folder for old 3ds....best of luck....

Uhm, so it's just a bit more difficult than the n3ds (9.0 from box xD)

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT The tutorial linked to by reyu is fantastic......just take your time and know what your next step is....its really easy.....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you may think its only a 4x but it is the first step.....and all the steps need to be done in order....

GiovyX96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EDIT The tutorial linked to by reyu is fantastic......just take your time and know what your next step is....its really easy.....

you may think its only a 4x but it is the first step.....and all the steps need to be done in order....

Uhm, can i do a nand backup before? There isn't exploit for this very low firmware? xD

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
to do a nand backup put launcher.dat on memory card and using browser go to go.gateway-3ds.com.....then scroll along to nand backup and make one......its all in the tutorial

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to do a nand backup put launcher.dat on memory card and using browser go to go.gateway-3ds.com.....then scroll along to nand backup and make one......its all in the tutorial
He cant use the browser.. he has to mset / ds profile exploit first..

ehm nope, i didn't need to update from a version to another 2 times like i have to do now, just paste files in the sd, insert cubic ninja and stop xD
Is it cfw or homebrew your looking for? There is more than 2 steps for cfw on both systems...

GiovyX96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

He cant use the browser.. he has to mset / ds profile exploit first..

Is it cfw or homebrew your looking for? There is more than 2 steps for cfw on both systems...

For the old Pasta CFW i don't remember so many step, maybe a remember wrong. I put cfw in the n3ds when pasta cfw born XD

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
His version has the browser included (-4E). Are you sure he cannot try Spider exploit as of now?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
His version has the browser included (-4E). Are you sure he cannot try Spider exploit as of now?

the payload only works starting with 4.x if I'm not mistaken. I think older firmware aren't supported

Ok ok, so i can do the nand backup, but for anything else i need the 4.x fw.

No, you can't. To do a nand backup, you need to be able to access GW Menu. And if you're able to do that, you would be able to do the rest anyway.
You simply need to update to 4.x first. There's no other way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help...