[HELP] Cannot get Smash Bros ROM to accept update

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by perfecteagle, Mar 13, 2015.

1. perfecteagle
    OP

perfecteagle Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2011
    United States
    I have a ROM backup of my Smash Bros game running in emuNAND, and it won't take the 1.0.5 (or any other) game update from either the eshop (which I tried first) or from a CIA file. Does anyone know why this would be occurring or how to fix it?

A little bit more information: Sysnand is 4.5. Emunand is up-to-date. Using a Gateway running 3.0.4. Sysnand and Emunand are unlinked.

2. durpia

durpia Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2015
    Mexico
    Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes
    if you have a usa console and pal game or other region never can use us parch need pal (E) find a smash bros update cia

3. perfecteagle
    OP

perfecteagle Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2011
    United States
    I should have specified regions. The console and ROM are both US. Same goes for the CIA and obviously the eshop data as well.

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    What's the error you're getting and have you gone online with a public header recently?

5. perfecteagle
    OP

perfecteagle Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2011
    United States
    I haven't gone online at all with it. I'm not getting a particular error, it just won't apply the update. Doesn't show new features, doesn't show version number, and is not compatible playing on local wireless with other users that are up-to-date.

6. perfecteagle
    OP

perfecteagle Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2011
    United States
    To be even more specific, this is a system with a brand new emuNAND, sysNAND was just recently separated from it (which involves resetting sysNAND), and it has never gone online except to boot GW mode and check the eShop.