[HELP] Can I get the inquiry/confirmation code (parental lock) without internet connection?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by jamesalfred, Nov 29, 2013.

1. jamesalfred
    OP

jamesalfred Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2007
    Indonesia
    Hi there,

So, I got an offer from my friend's friend, he's selling a locked 3DS XL (parental lock) for a cheap price. I know of some tools in the internet that can actually decode the inquiry/confirmation numbers to obtain the master key. Problem is, can I get an inquiry/confirmation numbers without wifi connection?(because I won't be able to connect the device to my wifi)

I know that to obtain the numbers, I have to click "I forgot" for the password, and also for the security questions. But can it be done without the internet?

Thank you for the help guys.

2. lambstone

lambstone No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.

Banned
    Aug 14, 2011
    Sounds more like a stolen 3DS.

If it was really obtained through legit means, why not simply ask them for the code? If they forget, ask them for answers to security questions?

drfsupercenter likes this.
  3. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
  4. twig123

twig123 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2009
    United States
    Yes, it should generate a code without needing WiFi access.
    (If you think about it, it would be very dumb if it didn't... as the system would be perm-locked if you ever changed your access point name and forgot the 3DS pass).

I just unlocked a 3DS a week ago with no WiFi needed. Here is a link to the software to generate the unlock codes:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/parental-control-h4cked.340642/

jamesalfred likes this.
  5. jamesalfred
    OP

jamesalfred Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2007
    Indonesia
    Thanks for the replies!! After looking around, actually it makes sense. It should work without WiFi in the 1st place.....