OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
umsis.miami.edu
XP
Country
United States
I know this is probably more sutied for Gamecube rather than Wii, but I've had little luck there and as active as this board is, I was hoping people here might be able to offer some help.

I have a Nintendo Wii modded with a D2Ckey. It plays back-ups, so far, perfectly (including Brawl). However, I am interested in back-uping some Gamecube games to play on my Wii, as well. I've been searching for a while and everything I've found points to using the GameCube, BBA and PSO to rip the game, but I don't have any of those things.

I was hoping someone here knew about any options for using my PC or Wii to rip my GameCube game and in turn back it up onto a normal DVD+R, since I've heard you can play GameCube games from DVD+Rs.

zidanej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, you tried the dvd9 version of smash brothers brawl and are able to play it fully? Could you say what type of disc you used to burn it and how old your burner is?

acidrain

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know only two ways to backup GameCube games
1. As you mentioned you need a GC, a BBA and PSO or a modchip
2. You can backup GC games the very same way as Wii games, with a LG-8164b (8163, 8162 and 8161 are also working) and RawDump. This is the easiest way, you only have to click "dump". If you don't have one of those drive, I suggest you go buy one, they're around 30$.

Then you can burn the iso directly on a DVD±R or you can make a multi game iso with GCOS Multigame Creator v4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended