sh1nebl1nd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So heres the deal banana peel...

What I have right now is just the Wii console, nothing modded or anything.

Since SSBB release I have been thinking of modding a chip (WiiKey) onto it so I could play Brawl / Other games (I wish to get Fire Emblem also.) I also have heard of the WLIP (which I decide to get because a decent soldering kit is about the same price...) and you can also take off the modchip if you have regrets.

If you guys don't mind I have a bunch of questions that I would be grateful if they were answered.
laugh.gif

(PS: I have Nero CD Burner if that changes anything..)

1. My understanding of the installation is this:

a. Open the Wii (Is there any risk to bricking your Wii or is it as easy an idiot could do it?)
b. Attach the modchip to the WLIP and place it in.
c. Close the Wii.
d. Download a game torrent, burn it, and play? Or are there any programs that I need to burn on disks to set-up the chip?

2. I can just burn the game and play w/e game I DLed right? (I want to play Fire Emblem.)

3. Are there any irreversible risks to modchip/installation? (I heard of unmeetable dual channels.)

also can somebody provide me with what I need? example:

- Wii
- WLIP
- WiiKey
- Installation disc ect ect.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
bow.gif

EDIT: How do I tell if I have NTSC or PAL? What is the difference?

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country

Since SSBB release I have been thinking of modding a chip (WiiKey) onto it so I could play Brawl / Other games (I wish to get Fire Emblem also.) I also have heard of the WLIP (which I decide to get because a decent soldering kit is about the same price...) and you can also take off the modchip if you have regrets.

If you guys don't mind I have a bunch of questions that I would be grateful if they were answered.Â
laugh.gif

a. Open the Wii (Is there any risk to bricking your Wii or is it as easy an idiot could do it?)
c. Close the Wii.
d. Download a game torrent, burn it, and play? Or are there any programs that I need to burn on disks to set-up the chip?

2. I can just burn the game and play w/e game I DLed right? (I want to play Fire Emblem.)

3. Are there any irreversible risks to modchip/installation? (I heard of unmeetable dual channels.)

- Wii
- WLIP
- WiiKey

Help would be greatly appreciated.Â
bow.gif

if you're a newbie, maybe you should make someone else install the chip for you. And yes, you can dload the game or dump your own.

Wii
Wiikey
Someone to install it for you
DVD discs
Burning program

sheikah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

If you guys don't mind I have a bunch of questions that I would be grateful if they were answered.Â
laugh.gif

c. Close the Wii.

- Wii
- WLIP
- WiiKey

bow.gif

if you're a newbie, maybe you should make someone else install the chip for you. And yes, you can dload the game or dump your own.

Wii
Wiikey
DVD discs
Burning program

With Wiikey you have to rely on a firmware update coming along to allow you to play the full dual layer game, so it may be better to try get your hands on a CycloWiz.

sh1nebl1nd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

laugh.gif

c. Close the Wii.

- Wii
- WLIP
- WiiKey

bow.gif

Wii
Wiikey
DVD discs
Burning program

With Wiikey you have to rely on a firmware update coming along to allow you to play the full dual layer game, so it may be better to try get your hands on a CycloWiz.
What is the difference/pros+cons of them?

My guess is CycloWiz works with WLip?

sh1nebl1nd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gay, I heard you must STILL solder if you have a WLIP and a WiiKey.

Also Ninty can brick your Wii via updates? AHH.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte