help 11.0.0.33 for christmas

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by dragonknight5, Dec 26, 2016.

1. dragonknight5
    OP

dragonknight5 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2010
    United States
    i got a n3ds with fiirmware 11.0.0.33 for christmas and i want to try to downgrade. is the only way a hard mod? or can i use my friends hacked on to do something?

2. Deck of Noobs

Deck of Noobs Politically Incorrect

Apr 9, 2016
    United States
    3ds.guide
  3. _Pro_Man_

_Pro_Man_ GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2015
    United States
    Hey guys, I also need some help.

My cousin got a 2ds for Christmas and I believe that his firmware is 11.0, 11.1, or 11.2 I'm not exactly sure (he was playing Pokemon Sun so I'm not sure of the firmware required to play the game). I'm not a noob at installing a9lh (using 3ds.guide) I have already installed a9lh on 3 systems. However, when I did this, the firmwares were low enough where it did not require dsiware injection. I've been trying to keep up on the 3ds scene and I know the gist of how the dsiware injection process works. However, that part that I am confused on is the game selection. Since the 4 main games for exploitation have been removed, I saw that a larger list of compatible games have been added. I'm really hoping that he is still on 11.0 or 11.1 as I believe that I could still use slowhax to downgrade his 2ds (seems like less of a hassle, won't involve system transferring)

After reading 3ds.guide, my understanding is that slowhax can be used with any of the dsiware games listed (however I am not sure). Could someone please clarify this? But this would only be possible if he was on 11.0 or 11.1 correct?

My option if he was on 11.2 would be to buy an exploitable game on my a9lh system, inject the save, and then transfer it to his 2ds right? Afterward, I would be able to restore both systems to their original state (through nand dumping/restoring)? The only problem with this solution would be that my nnid would be linked to his 2ds right?

Thanks for reading and hopefully you can help me.

OrGoN3 likes this.
  4. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Responses are inline

_Pro_Man_ likes this.
  5. windhazard

windhazard GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Buy the cheapest injectable Dsiware (1.99$ for US region) and follow the guide. Remember you can only transfer o3ds to 2ds so it doesnt work if you have a n3ds. After the transfer you can restore a nand backup on your CFW source system to its original state.
    The NNID will be linked to the 2DS, but you can wait one week and transfer it back. Or just call Nintendo for the support (do this many times and they will mark you. Once or twice is fine)
    Your 3ds will be restored, but the target 2DS will lose all of its data. If you want to keep the saves, you need to lauch homebrew on it before the transfer using one of the primary entry point and use JKSV to backup the saves.

Last edited by windhazard, Dec 26, 2016
    _Pro_Man_ likes this.
  6. dragonknight5
    OP

dragonknight5 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2010
    United States
    so should i update to 11.2 so i can enter the eshop to buy the dsiware? and the only way to launch homebrew launcher is with something like ocarina of time right? or is there a method i can use without having a cartridge from the start

7. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

GBAtemp Patron
    Posghetti is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    If you update to 11.2, you won't even be able to use Dsiwarehax Downgrade Method (slowhax). You'd have to use another 3DS that is already hacked with a exploitable Dsiware. I don't think they're any ways to launch The Homebrew Launcher w/o a cartridge on 11.0 atm. If you plan to get TLOZ: OoT, then you need to either get a Powersaves to use it in conjunction or have a friend install the haxx save for you.

8. windhazard

windhazard GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    If you have another hacked 3DS like you stated, update both to 11.2 and buy the game on the "source" 3ds (the hacked one). You also have free access to homebrew - steelhax, by installing it on the hacked one then enable it on the non-hacked by system transfer.

Last edited by windhazard, Dec 27, 2016
  9. dragonknight5
    OP

dragonknight5 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2010
    United States
    so how would i transfer it? my friend is on 9.2 ofw and i plan on hacking his anyways. soi would hack his. spoof to 11.2 then download one of the 4 games and then?

10. dragonknight5
    OP

dragonknight5 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2010
    United States
    any jelp with what i d on the other 3ds first?

11. Kinqdra

Kinqdra GBAtemp's Official T-shirt

Aug 7, 2009
    Croatia
  12. dragonknight5
    OP

dragonknight5 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2010
    United States
    so can i now use soundhax to launch homebrew and install a spoofer to go to the eshop and buy on of those games?

13. dragonknight5
    OP

dragonknight5 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2010
    United States
    so now that you can install customfirmware do i have to update to the latest firmware before i start? or is 11.9.0.33 ok to use to install cfw?

14. Roomsaver

Roomsaver GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    Here.

emuashui likes this.
  15. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    first off, you don't need to buy anything from eshop anymore.
    you shouldn't need to update anything either, though unless they released a new firmware 2 minutes ago, it wouldn't hurt you either.

just follow https://3ds.guide/

emuashui likes this.
  16. emuashui

emuashui GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2016
    Hong Kong
    my 11.0.0.34U successfully became a9lhed last week. No need to further update system if you want a9lh installation.

17. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    just make sure to take your time, read every line carefully and put all the files in the right place.

18. dragonknight5
    OP

dragonknight5 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2010
    United States
    ok i got it thanks. and to play games i just install the cia of them right? can you inject headers into cia?

Last edited by dragonknight5, Jan 15, 2017