Hello I need some help

Trophies
XP
am planning to do a lot like a dump of all of it
That's not decompilation then, just doing a dump is getting assets or dependent files. Decompilation is getting the actual source code of said game along with the engine. Word your posts a bit more carefully please.

Edit: I know you can't get actual (full) source, just simplifying.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
am planning to do a lot like a dump of all of it
A dump of all of it would just be running WUDD to, well, dump all of the disc content. This is clearly not what you're asking for through. So, as @Korozin said, please think about your wording. I would even get a step further: Think about what you want to archive, what is your real goal? Do you want to exchange some graphic or completely change gamplay or what?

StonePac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A dump of all of it would just be running WUDD to, well, dump all of the disc content. This is clearly not what you're asking for through. So, as @Korozin said, please think about your wording. I would even get a step further: Think about what you want to archive, what is your real goal? Do you want to exchange some graphic or completely change gamplay or what?
my plan is to archive everything I find and well go and beyond to dig deeper

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay... This reply is pretty bad but at least something we can work with. So start with small steps: Do what @Korozin said to exchange some assets (these are normally not signature checked, so you really just exchange the files with FTPiiU or something).

According to your wordings I guess you're like around 15 years old? To go really deep you need to go deeply into computer science (which should be a course offered at your scool - take it! It won't teach you all you need but it's a start... As said: Real deep work (aka decompilation and stuff) will be a long road... A lot of things you need to learn).

Reactions: Kopimist
Trophies
XP
According to your wordings I guess you're like around 15 years old?
Meanwhile me being 16- lmao, I get what you mean though. Bottom line is research for something like this is a must as FULL decompilation of a game and it's assets requires so much time it's not even funny, but then again that's reverse-engineering for you, lol.

StonePac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... This reply is pretty bad but at least something we can work with. So start with small steps: Do what @Korozin said to exchange some assets (these are normally not signature checked, so you really just exchange the files with FTPiiU or something).

According to your wordings I guess you're like around 15 years old? To go really deep you need to go deeply into computer science (which should be a course offered at your scool - take it! It won't teach you all you need but it's a start... As said: Real deep work (aka decompilation and stuff) will be a long road... A lot of things you need to learn).
will do :) and no am not 15 but I am 16 but close lol

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Korozin Yea, exceptions like you exist but see what this dude writes: No clear goal, not even a rough understanding of how things work... Sounds more like a spontaneous idea ("I want to be pro now, can't be that hard, right?") so we need to start from zero and slooowly teach what's needed I guess.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Korozin Yea, exceptions like you exist but see what this dude writes: No clear goal, not even a rough understanding of how things work... Sounds more like a spontaneous idea ("I want to be pro now, can't be that hard, right?") so we need to start from zero and slooowly teach what's needed I guess.
I'll vouch for that lol!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.