I'm from Japan and I'm a huge retro gaming fan.
I collect Famicom, Super Famicom,PC engine and Game Boy games.
I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here!
Thank you for your comment!
I'm new to this community, but I'm looking forward to talking with everyone about retro games.
Thanks for the warm welcome, and I hope we can share our passion for retro gaming!
Thank you for your comment!
I'm a big fan of PC Engine games too!
I don't have a PC Engine GT, but I enjoy playing lots of PC Engine games on my Retro Freak.
Looking forward to chatting more with you. Thanks again!
Post automatically merged:
In Japan, there are still many retro game stores.
I enjoy visiting them and searching for hidden gems.
Have you ever visited Japan to buy retro games?
Post automatically merged:
In Japan, there are still many retro game stores.
I enjoy visiting them and searching for hidden gems.
Have you ever visited Japan to buy retro games?
I'm from Japan and I'm a huge retro gaming fan.
I collect Famicom, Super Famicom,PC engine and Game Boy games.
I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here!
I think retro games are still much cheaper in Japan than in many other countries.
However, if they're shipped to the US, import duties and other fees can be quite high, so depending on the item, the total cost may end up being about the same.
This photo shows Game Boy Advance games that I took today.
Post automatically merged:
Hi everyone!
I'm really happy to see all the comments on my previous posts. Thanks so much!
For my third post, I'd like to share some of the best places in Japan to hunt for retro games.
I've traveled all over Japan looking for retro games, and if you're looking for good prices, these are the prefectures I recommend. (I'll leave out Tokyo and Osaka since everyone already knows about them. )
Shizuoka Prefecture
Home to the flagship store of Surugaya, Japan's largest used game retailer. They have mountains of retro games, and it's absolutely worth a visit if you're in Japan.
Niigata Prefecture
This is where the original Hard-Off store is located. Besides Hard-Off, there are still several independently owned retro game shops around the prefecture, which makes it a fun place to explore.
Hokkaido
Japan's northernmost island is famous for its amazing food and beer. But from my experience, it also tends to have some of the lowest retro game prices in Japan. I definitely recommend combining sightseeing with some retro game hunting!
What kind of retro games are you all looking for these days?
I'm curious—what retro games do you still play these days?
I grew up with the NES (Famicom), so I still spend a lot of time playing those classic 8-bit games.
Even now, whenever I hear those old 8-bit soundtracks, they instantly take me back to my childhood. It's such a nostalgic and comforting feeling.
For me, the Super Mario Bros. music will always be timeless. And the Dragon Quest soundtrack still gives me that same sense of adventure and excitement every time I hear it.
Do you have a retro game soundtrack that you'll never forget? I'd love to hear your favorites!
I actually run a retro gaming channel in Japan!
I share fun and interesting retro gaming content from Japan and around the world. https://www.youtube.com/@famicomdo
If you’re into retro games, I’d be really happy if you stopped by and checked out my channel!
I actually run a retro gaming channel in Japan!
I share fun and interesting retro gaming content from Japan and around the world. https://www.youtube.com/@famicomdo
If you’re into retro games, I’d be really happy if you stopped by and checked out my channel!
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...