Hello everyone and R4 help...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Snivy Smasher, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Snivy Smasher
    OP

Snivy Smasher Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2014
    First of all, hello. Second, I need help. My R4 card (WOOD firmware) has stopped working recently. I had just put on some new games so I could test out some AR codes and they had worked perfectly. Today, I tried again: "Couldn't find DS_MENU.DAT" upon startup, so I checked out what was up by using my SD reader, all of my files were corrupted. I tried deleting them, error message. I tried copying a backup of my files into the SD card, error message. Now I'm wondering whether or not my SD card is busted, if anyone knows a solution, please tell me.

2. Rocc0

Rocc0 Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Finland
    I'm pretty sure your sd card is broken. Do you have any other sd card that you could use with the R4? If the R4 works fine with a different card, that should pretty much prove it that the sd card is broken.

As for the data recovery, that can be a difficult task. There is free data recovery programs like UFS Explorer and Recuva, but I'm not really skilled enough to explain how to use them unfortunately. :(

If the data on the card isn't important to you (I'm assuming, because you already tried deleting them), you could try doing a full format with SD Formatter 4.0 and see if that does anything.

3. Snivy Smasher
    OP

Snivy Smasher Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2014
    Thanks for the help! The R4 works fine with other SD cards, I'll try using one of those.

Rocc0 likes this.