Gaming Hellishly cheap laptop needed! Any suggestions?

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Veho said:
Acer Aspire One?

# Operating System: Linpus Linux Lite version
# CPU Type: Intel Atom N270(1.60GHz)
# Screen: 8.9" WSVGA
# Memory Size: 512MB DDR2
# Hard Disk: 8GB Solid-State Disk

$330;

# Operating System: Windows XP Home
# CPU Type: Intel Atom N270(1.60GHz)
# Screen: 8.9" WSVGA
# Memory Size: 1GB DDR2
# Hard Disk: 160GB

$400

the 330$ version is crap because of the slow 8 GB SSD
also it has a glare type display and the hinges aren't that good

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you don't want one of those piddly little things, there is always the dell vostro http://www.dell.com/content/products/categ...;l=en&s=bsd

(hope that link works)

the basic 1500 comes in at $499 its a good solid laptop, i have one, albeit an upgraded version. they are under the small buisiness section, but you don't need a buisiness number to buy one. oh, and don't order over the net, buy it on the phone and HAGGLE! yes, you can haggle the salesman down, usually they will give you a pretty decent discount and/or upgrades.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small laptops are good, but I don't suggest getting 8.9" (so.. that means I don't recommend buying Acer Aspireone) because even 10" keyboard makes a huge difference in comfort. I'd still suggest the 1000H. I already bought one (I'm typing with it right now) and it works fine. I'd recommend getting a 2gb ram though. You may also need an external DVD drive, but that's optional. I've altready put a lot of junk in my 1000H and it works great.

The 10" screen is a tad small for my taste, but I'm not using it for gaming so it should be fine the way it is.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ive been looking into netbooks a good deal and I have to say that I'm pretty much sold on the EEE line over everything else. Some model of EEE seems to always when countdowns and rate-offs on websites.

I plan on getting an 1000h and 701 or something, the only thing holding me back is lack of money.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no clue why Urza keeps recommending MSI Wind even when there is no more benefit to it vs the 1000h.

Better battery, more space, higher build quality at the same price, 6-cell wind costs 70$ more

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only thing that bothers me about the 1000h is the 10" screen. Too small... I like my current 15.4" screen laptop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Me niether, us north Koreans don't care