Hacking Hekate stuck on "checking avaible space... "

Ararage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have switch that has bluescreen from ebay. When I tried to back-up emc it gets stuck on checking avaible space. Memloader gives izma decrypt error. Hekate won't boot if sd card is connected. What to do?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
might nand be corrupted or damaged?
does it look like it has been opened?

did you get it from ebay knowing it wouldn't start, or did they hide it?

Potentially, use linux and nothing but linux :/

Ararage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
might nand be corrupted or damaged?
does it look like it has been opened?

did you get it from ebay knowing it wouldn't start, or did they hide it?

Potentially, use linux and nothing but linux :/

Yes the nand is propably corrupted. It was opened but the seller said it wasn't his. It was selled as damaged (battery was broken so I replaced it). :/

Ararage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have the keys already, biskeydump worked for me. But for some reason I can't make back up from my boot0/1 (hekate gets stuck and memloader gives izma decrypt error) :/

Thanks for trying to help guys!

D

Deleted User

when the NAND is corrupted then i guess you can throw it away cuz the Hard Disk with installed Firmware is no where in the Internet
but maybe you can send it to Nintendo and they repair it

Ararage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
when the NAND is corrupted then i guess you can throw it away cuz the Hard Disk with installed Firmware is no where in the Internet
but maybe you can send it to Nintendo and they repair it
Will nintendo repair opened units? I guess it costs alot?

D

Deleted User

Will nintendo repair opened units? I guess it costs alot?
they will repair but it costs cuz if you changed a battery or opened in any otherwise then you dont have warranty but the costs shouldnt be fix

Ararage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
they will repair but it costs cuz if you changed a battery or opened in any otherwise then you dont have warranty but the costs shouldnt be fix
I'll check if my local nintendo will even do fix if I don't get it working by myself. The unit is not mine so I don't have the warranty to beign with.

D

Deleted User

I'll check if my local nintendo will even do fix if I don't get it working by myself. The unit is not mine so I don't have the warranty to beign with.
thats the only way the NAND cant be restored without backup and if you have a backup from older versions you burn fuses and this will show Nintendo that you hacked ur BUT IF YOU GO INTO A NINTENDO STORE AND YOUR SWITCHS MAINBOARD GET CHANGED YOU CANT HACK IT AGAIN CUZ THE NEWER VERSION OF SWITCH IS FIXED

Ararage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
thats the only way the NAND cant be restored without backup and if you have a backup from older versions you burn fuses and this will show Nintendo that you hacked ur BUT IF YOU GO INTO A NINTENDO STORE AND YOUR SWITCHS MAINBOARD GET CHANGED YOU CANT HACK IT AGAIN CUZ THE NEWER VERSION OF SWITCH IS FIXED
IMG-20190331-195419.jpg

This is what tha emmc gives me when I check it's info with hekate (it freezes).

When I soldered it and connected to linux, drive with matching name 032G32 appared, but it can't be opened, and I couldn't make backup image out of it.

I'll give my local nintendo repair service a call tomorrow and ask for prize if this really is dead for good...

It is not so bad if it can't be hacked, I just wanted switch to play smash bros to begin with. I just tried to get one with cheap prize.

Last edited by Ararage,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users