HEEELP! NOTHING is working on my 3DS

DesperateBitx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so a few days ago, I was attempting to download a cia to both of my original 3DS consoles and when I inserted the last SD card into my PC, I was told to format it. And that point I put it back into the 3DS and tried to boot it and the DS couldn't read it. I remembered I had backup sd with the original cfw files and that was corrupted too! I tried to restore the files, but none of it worked. I managed to recover some custom themes I made and didn't upload and was able to find the names of folder that worked with the cfw, but that was it. No matter how many times I update GM9 or Luma, NOTHING WORKS. The boot commends for Luma, GM9, and Rosalina don't work. I tried to remove the cfw, but flipnote still shows up and no menus show to allow me to remove anything. I'm stuck with a system that runs slow and stock. The apps for homebrew, FBI, Universal installer, and son on, are all gone and there literally nothing I can do to fix it. At this point, I'm surprised it isn't bricked. My old laptop had the files and I thought I backed up everything, but I sadly didn't but a few of my original files, and nothing to fix the issue.

Last edited by DesperateBitx,

DesperateBitx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE. I was able to open bootstrap on my 3DS XL using the SD card from 3DS having issues. So now I fear its a problem with the system itself.

XRTerra

What if instead of ohio, it was kai cenat land
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ghost eshop is still a thing? I thought they took it down with freeeshop(and I'm pretty sure discussing piracy isn't a good thing). Just format the sd card to fat32 and re insert it back into the 3ds. Then follow 3ds.hacks.guide from "Checking for CFW." It might also be that luma3ds is outdated, so try updating luma3ds.

DesperateBitx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ghost eshop is still a thing? I thought they took it down with freeeshop(and I'm pretty sure discussing piracy isn't a good thing). Just format the sd card to fat32 and re insert it back into the 3ds. Then follow 3ds.hacks.guide from "Checking for CFW." It might also be that luma3ds is outdated, so try updating luma3ds.
Thank you so much!!! It worked.

Reactions: XRTerra

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over