Hearthstone

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by aiat_gamer, Jan 29, 2014.

1. aiat_gamer
    OP

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    I know this is a long shot, but does anyone play Hearthstone here since it went to open beta?
    I was never a fan of card games, in fact I have never played any of them but I thought I just give this one a try and boy,I am addicted to it! To the point that I have stopped playing Bf4!

2. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    It's quite fun and extremely well made. I'd been waiting for open beta for ages since those stingy bastards didn't let hardly anyone in unless they were wildly popular youtubers/streamers.
    Crafty bastards.

Been busy lately, but playing it as much as I can.

Had a great game recently. I was pretty much fucked, had 2 things on the board and he had about 6, buffed.
    I have a minion that gains +1/1 per minion I had on the board...so I just toss down every damn low-cost card in my hand and wrack up about 7 of them. No taunt so he just directly attacks me. Brings me down to 1HP.
    So I toss out what I could and then summoned my big dude, and he received his massive boon, I cherry picked his entire team and left him with one single totem that I think healed stuff. No cards in his hand, he had 29hp and I had 30 points of damage worth of minions on the board. I woulda came back from 1hp to victory...if he hadn't drawn a minion that gave his totem +1/1 and let it finish me for my last point of damage.

So crushed. So crushed.

Satangel likes this.
  3. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    I only heard it went open beta yesterday, heard it by pure chance in a video of TotalBiscuit. Immediately downloaded it, and so far only been impressed by the immensely low system requirements. Very happy with those low specs.

Sadly, during the 2nd lvl of the tutorial, the game just crashed, something about Particles -_-. A very common problem according to Google.... I'll try again tonight, happy it's in open beta atm! I was this close to paying for an invite a week ago, luckily I didn't do it.
    I doubt it'll keep me away from LoL, but it'll give me a good run for sure.

4. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    Djibouti
    Hiatus Hell
    It's an awesome game, and I've spent about $25 on booster packs. The only thing is, I don't want to be locked to my computer to play something that feels like it was made for mobile devices.

I'll probably be waiting for the android port before I pick it up in a major fashion again.

5. aiat_gamer
    OP

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    Hah, I just had a similar experience but I pulled through. I was down to 4 health and the guy was about 20. My big hitters where then at my disposal, a few lucky card draws and I crushed the guy with 2 health left, I could hear him screaming!

Yeah I went with the game after seeing TB posting videos about it for the longest time :D.

Exactly my thoughts...I would love to play the game using my ipad but it is so much fun that I cant not play it! I have also spent around 20$ on the game so far.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyway, if anyone wants leave your battletag here and I will add you so we can have a game together.

Mine is Darkaiat#2332 .

6. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Well it's a good thing they are planning an Android/iOS version in 2014. Hopefully my cellphone (Galaxy S1) can run it, would be awesome :o
    I'm really curious how good this game is, and why there is so much buzz about it.

7. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I tried it a few weeks ago, finished the 6 tutorial matches and about three other games but I didn't really like it. Not sure why, I suppose it's just not my thing.

8. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Spiky!

Mar 27, 2012
    France
    Been in the beta for about a month, and I must say I really enjoy it.
    The games aren't too long so short sessions are really enjoyable.

9. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    I've been in beta for about a week or two before it went open, and I'm really enjoying it (although I still kinda suck). And it really does feel like a game meant to be played on a touch screen; I got a touchscreen ultrabook myself and it didn't really feel as natural when I gave it a try on my desktop.

10. geishroy

geishroy Suspended

Suspended
    Dec 10, 2008
    United States
    I got sent 2 keys kept one and sold the other $200 on ebay. Looking back I wish I would have sold the other as well =/

11. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    I got it a couple days ago, but I only ever got around to finishing the "tutorial".

From what I hear, though, it's a great game besides some of the "pay2win" players who spend $100s on booster packs and such.

As with others, I'll probably wait on really getting into it until they release an Android version. But while I wait, and for those also waiting, Order and Chaos Duels is actually a fairly nice TCG, has a little single player campaign as well as online multiplayer and stuff and it's quite fun.

12. BMinkie

BMinkie GBAtemp Fan

Apr 18, 2013
    United States
    Ive been playing hearthstone since beta and I stopped its pay to win and the mages are OP even with the nerfs

so online battles consists of nothing but mages or priests :-(

also there is a huge luck factor for winning sometimes which sucks avoid this game

13. aiat_gamer
    OP

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    U mad bro?! How it is pay2win?! You get some pretty good selection of card just by reaching level 10 with each hero. Also if you want a quick boos in cards just spend like 10 or 20 $ to kick things off and you are set for a long time. BTW, I have had my ass handed to me by other classes when I played mage, even though I have a pretty good selection of cards.
    Also the match making does not pit you against players with insanely better cards so basically it is related to luck and skill.

14. aiat_gamer
    OP

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    Again not really, most modest decks can be build by cards you get early on.

15. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Do you have a referral link in Hearthstone, that I can give to my friends to register?

16. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    And I'm sure they can, but all the pay2win players are fucking annoying to fight. The game may give you some nice cards without having to spend cash, but there are people who spend cash to get better cards. I tried doing a bit of online, and out of like 5 people 4 of them murdered me with obvious pay2win crap.

17. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    How do you know that.
    They could get those cards for free.

18. BMinkie

BMinkie GBAtemp Fan

Apr 18, 2013
    United States
    you said how is it paid to win then you said

"Also if you want a quick boos in cards just spend like 10 or 20 $ to kick things off"

you dont know what your talking about

Tom Bombadildo likes this.
  19. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Because, if I understand the matchmaking system, the game pairs you with someone of comparable skill, by wins/loses. Assuming the people I were dueling also had no wins or losses, or a couple wins/losses whatever (because this was my first time playing online), how in the world did they get epic cards?

20. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Unlock all heroes, get 100 gold and buy a pack.
    You can have epic card before playing first online game.