Hacking Hearing some issues with Rockband 2?

da2730da

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just searched around and i've been hearing that the rockband 1 drums do not work with Rockband 2 when you play it with the gamma backuploader...Is that true?
And if so, will the rockband 2 drums work?
Does anyone have a first hand experience?
THANKS
ph34r.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you simply need wiipowers installer to install a cIOS using ios37 instead of 36 (which waninkoko and wiigator use)...if you are chipped this will not even be an issue, as long as you have 37 installed.

da2730da

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
you simply need wiipowers installer to install a cIOS using ios37 instead of 36 (which waninkoko and wiigator use)...if you are chipped this will not even be an issue, as long as you have 37 installed.
Come agian?
I'm sorry, what are you talking about?(As in can you talk in simpler terms..)
Will this make the rockband drums work?
>_<
And where can I get thing your talking about...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
da2730da said:
Bump...
Need some help.

I don't know what you need for Rock Band 2, what does SoftChip tell which IOS it wants? The info is displayed very short and stored in the logfile if you activate it.

da2730da

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
da2730da said:
Bump...
Need some help.

I don't know what you need for Rock Band 2, what does SoftChip tell which IOS it wants? The info is displayed very short and stored in the logfile if you activate it.
Ok, first of all, what is a SoftChip?
I'm using the 0.3 gamma backuploader by waninkoko. I have yet to buy the drums, but I've heard some errors on that cIOS 36 do not have USB drives to let Rockband 1 drums to work. I'm just double checking.

^For the first replier
What is wiipowers installer?Can i just use a normal cIOS installer and just install the cIOS 37? And how will this effect the compatiblity of other games on the 0.3 gamma backuploader? Will it slow the loading, have glitches, ect?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
da2730da said:
Ok, first of all, what is a SoftChip?
I'm using the 0.3 gamma backuploader by waninkoko. I have yet to buy the drums, but I've heard some errors on that cIOS 36 do not have USB drives to let Rockband 1 drums to work. I'm just double checking.

^For the first replier
What is wiipowers installer?Can i just use a normal cIOS installer and just install the cIOS 37? And how will this effect the compatiblity of other games on the 0.3 gamma backuploader? Will it slow the loading, have glitches, ect?

Gamma is from WiiGator, get some infos in this forum before you ask questions.

D

Deleted User

Just a question related to this also, if your using guitar hero's wireless instruments, do you still need to use the rockband softchip?

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just finished playing it, You must use the Softchip loader, using IOS 232, Then it will work, As for the guitars if they're wireless then Gamma will work fine

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da2730da said:
^For the first replier
What is wiipowers installer?Can i just use a normal cIOS installer and just install the cIOS 37?

um....did you even read the reply I wrote?, it says you need wiipower's installer, then says why, because wanin's and gator's use 36.......it's like you read my answer and made up questions you would ask to get those answers I gave.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a question of if they are wireless they will work fine, it's a question of whether they are bluetooth or usb. The Rock Band guitar is wireless but it's USB so it's wont work with gamma. It will work with softchip using ios37 though same as the usb drums.

The LAW right now is to use USB instruments (other than microphone) with backups and softmod, you have to use the SoftChip/IOS37 combo. This combo should work with pretty much all Rock Band/Guitar Hero instruments.

WOOHOO... only 2 more hours and Wii Disc Dumper should be done with RB2!

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if i use softchip with a backup of RB2 that i would buy without instruments and dump, i can use my RB1 instruments with it?

D

Deleted User

Jizmo said:
It's not a question of if they are wireless they will work fine, it's a question of whether they are bluetooth or usb. The Rock Band guitar is wireless but it's USB so it's wont work with gamma. It will work with softchip using ios37 though same as the usb drums.

The LAW right now is to use USB instruments (other than microphone) with backups and softmod, you have to use the SoftChip/IOS37 combo. This combo should work with pretty much all Rock Band/Guitar Hero instruments.

How are they USB AND wireless?

yeaag.....44 hours till RB2...

da2730da

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
da2730da said:
^For the first replier
What is wiipowers installer?Can i just use a normal cIOS installer and just install the cIOS 37?

um....did you even read the reply I wrote?, it says you need wiipower's installer, then says why, because wanin's and gator's use 36.......it's like you read my answer and made up questions you would ask to get those answers I gave.
First of all, the post that I replied to you was to be read first.
Secondly, you said "wiipowers installer" instead of "wiipower's installer". I was CONFUSED.
Also, your words and simple and vague. You could have expanded upon what cIOS 36/37 were and what the WIIPOWERS INSTALLER was.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1: Yes you can use Rock Band 1 instruments with a backup of Rock Band 2 and softmod as long as you use softchip and an IOS37 installed as another IOS. The standard has sort of become IOS37 as IOS232. I've a couple hours to go before my backup of RB2 is finished dumping. I'll test it with all my instruments (USB and Bluetooth) when it's done and I get it burnt.

2: An instrument can be wireless and usb because it's a wireless adapter plugged into the usb port. The type of signal between the guitar and it's receiver is irrelevent. The interface is still USB whether there is a physical wire or not.

da2730da

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dnmn8e said:
Jizmo said:

How are they USB AND wireless?

yeaag.....44 hours till RB2...
They(Harmonix) wanted to be cool so they made a usb dongle that connects to the wii, and than can be used to wirelessly connect to the intreuments
sleep.gif
..Thats what the wiimotes for>_>

D

Deleted User

Jizmo said:
2: An instrument can be wireless and usb because it's a wireless adapter plugged into the usb port. The type of signal between the guitar and it's receiver is irrelevent. The interface is still USB whether there is a physical wire or not.

Ahhh...
ok, I've actually never actually seen a rockband guitar operating, i thought it was usb, like the ubs microphone for gh....
Oh well good to know , Thanks

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, the mic and drums are standard usb plug but the guitar is wireless though still usb.

da2730da

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So heres what I came up with
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117806&st=0
i downloded the multi cios installer, put it in the sd card, and booted it up via HBC. I got ALOT of different options scrolling through the d pad..
It said something in the lines of "installing custom IOS 36 with IOS 36 rev 7 with IOS 249"
^I just remember that off the top of my head, so pelase correct me.
Now what i'm confused about is what do i need to set it for custom IOS, the IOS, and the IOS after it...
I'm going off to buy the drums hopefully in a couple minutes.
(Sorry for all the typos and gramatical errors. Not up-to-par today;to much sleep is bad for you.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol