🗿
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to have a very unique problem. These are my options for audio:
Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio) AKA my external speakers
6 - HP 2310 (3- AMD High Definition Audio Device) AKA my monitor's speaker which sounds horrible and i can't change the loud volume on it
Using my external speakers works fine. But when I plug in my headphones on the front panel, sound still comes out of the external speakers instead. I would use the headphone jack on the external speaker itself, but then my mic won't work.
Using the monitor's speaker also works albeit sounds awful, and the front panel headphone jack seems to be functional when using this.
I tried reinstalling the Realtek drivers and nothing changed. I'll list all the system specs in case someone needs to know. I appreciate any help.
Motherboard:
  • Motherboard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
  • Motherboard Product H110M-A-CF
  • Version x.x
  • BIOS VersionF21
  • Date6/9/2017
  • SMBIOS Version3.0
  • Secure Boot Off
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon ™ R9 M360 2GB VRAM
RAM: 16GB DDR4

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as microphones not working then assuming it is a 3.5mm affair you could buy an extension and send that where it needs to be..

Anyway there should be something in an option somewhere to disable external speakers of front panel is being used, I would have thought it would have been on by default but who knows. Try to find that.
Alternatively modern Windows and programs for it can get quite selective when it comes to what signal gets output where (media players and chat programs being the big ones but others can also get in on the action) so you might need to look at those individually.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I believe it's brand mismatch.
Have you tried another pair of headphones?

This has happened to me some times.
Just to name a couple of examples:
SONY headphones won't work on my HP Laptop.
MOTOROLA cellphone's audio jack won't accept any 3.5 audio jack.

Now, the only RealTek hardware I've owned was a pair of Bluetooth headphones, but I hate the take a couple hours re-charging thing just listen to a couple hours of music privately.

I'd suggest you to try:

Speakers with RealTek headphones.
Speakers with other brand headphones.

• If RealTek headphones works on your RealTek speakers, then you have to stick with the brand.
  • If any other headphones works with your RealTek speakers, then it's your current Headphone's audio jack that might've gone bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night