Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The general public doesn't seem to be aware of the existance of superior headphones, earbuds, and IEMs (In-ear Monitors). Most people here just buy the "cooler" and more "expensive" pair they can find in a retail store with next to zero selection. That's why nearly everyone seems to enjoy listening to Bose products and Skullcandy products. Seeing how lazy this generation is, pretty much all of them just go to the stores, look around to find a colorful kind, and ask for recommendation from the staff, whom I doubt that knows every well. They'll just recommend you the most generic and the marketed brand, such as Shure, Skullcandy, Bose, and the like.

Hell, I bet you that majority of the people here haven't heard of companies named Yuins, Westone, Ultrasone, and likes of this.

What am I trying to say? I'm trying to tell you that you should stop using those 5 dollar earbuds or any skullcandy product and buy something good. Oh look at me, I'm telling people to buy things on a pirating community. You know what? there's so many good choices under 50 dollars, there's no excuse to buy any sort of garbage cans attached to a headband (Skullcandy). You want good earbuds? Go buy the Yuin PK3s for 40 dollars from head-direct. You want good In-Ear monitors? Go for Head-Direct RE2 or any soundmagic product. You want good open headphones? Go buy Koss KSC75, Koss Porta Pros, Sennheiser PX100 or increase the budget for the cheapest grado product. You want good headphones that blocks out noise? Go for an AKG product.

There's just simply so many, the numbers are astounding. Go and buy a pair. Your ears will be thankful.

D

Deleted User

Well yes, but a lot of the people who buy those popular headphones without doing the research tend to be the ones who use Limewire for finding music, most of which is 128kbps done through some unknown encoder. It wouldn't benefit their listening pleasure much.

I prefer in ears over all other kinds.

I was about to add some suggestions, but the price doubled since I purchased them
ohmy.gif
I found these for $15-$20 a while ago.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000779RZ...x_ya_oh_product (the rubber does not "decompose"

If you like a little extra bass:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX300-B-E...mp;sr=8-1-spell

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
flameiguana said:
Well yes, but a lot of the people who buy those popular headphones without doing the research tend to be the ones who use Limewire for finding music, most of which is 128kbps done through some unknown encoder. It wouldn't benefit their listening pleasure much.

I prefer in ears over all other kinds.

I was about to add some suggestions, but the price doubled since I purchased them
ohmy.gif
I found these for $15-$20 a while ago.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000779RZ...x_ya_oh_product (the rubber does not "decompose"

If you like a little extra bass:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX300-B-E...mp;sr=8-1-spell

I'd recommend against the Sennheiser CX300s, for having too much bass, but I suppose it's a good start.

Oh, and don't buy sennheiser CX300s from Canadian retailers. They charge you 79-99 for something that goes for 20 bucks in America.

Lastly, bitrate doesn't matter too much, unless you're using something analytical.

D

Deleted User

It did feel like they had too much bass.

As for bitrate mattering or not, please visit here and tell me your opinion. http://flameiguana.co.cc/sounds/compare.html

I was searching for that song a few years ago and the major difference made an impact on my downloading decisions. Sure its not a big deal, but I prefer the higher quality.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
skull-candy = cheap, ugly/stylish, crappy sound.
higher end cans = not that great looking/sleek, more expensive.

pretty obvious what the normal consumer would chose. though after picking up my 202's, i've got my hands on porta-pro's. looking into getting a pair of alessandro ms-1 or grado sr80's soon for home listening. once you go you can't go back, i tried using my ipod buds the other day for working out, couldn't believe the quality difference, it began to piss me off. now i use my porta pro's for working out, regardless of how sweaty it gets
closedeyes.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
flameiguana said:
It did feel like they had too much bass.

As for bitrate mattering or not, please visit here and tell me your opinion. http://flameiguana.co.cc/sounds/compare.html

I was searching for that song a few years ago and the major difference made an impact on my downloading decisions. Sure its not a big deal, but I prefer the higher quality.

There seems to be a volume issue. I can hear the difference when I put the 2nd one at a higher volume, but the difference between the is very slight.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I find earbuds used with portable players don't last, which makes me reluctant to fork out for a nice set. It's always the cable near one of the ears that goes, they last anywhere between 6 months to 3 years and I'd be mortified if I'd brought an expensive set.

Also most of the nice sets come with noise cancelling now, which to be honest I'm not a fan of while walking around. I tried the set I got free with my phone, found it very strange being in my own little isolated sound bubble while outdoors and a bit offputting when crossing roads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse