HDMI audio problem .

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
My HDMI audio doesnt detect a device connected , i have an inline HDMI splitter in line for a few devices , im thinking due to the splitter its failing the TV handshake. Any ideas how i can acheive PC to HDMI audio with an in line splitter in place ?

vassildador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The obvious things would be updating video card drivers, checking the cable and replugging it. I'm guessing the TV doesn't even show up in the connected audio devices menu?

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
What splitter are you using? TV Model? Have you tried other HDMI ports (if your TV has multiples)? Have you tried without the splitter to see if it works?

Some cheap genereric "made in china" 3 way splitter - kinda a small 2" square thing. TV is a 6yr old 40" samsung . And no tbh i havent tried it without the splitter , due to the arrangement i have in place the cables aint long enough to simply reach , i know its the obvious thing to try.

For me, I have to restart my PC and plug in the HDMI before I do anything else on the PC, then audio works. (Could also be a driver issue)

Yeah i have read such on other forums about the power on method has to be in the right order etc etc.

The obvious things would be updating video card drivers, checking the cable and replugging it. I'm guessing the TV doesn't even show up in the connected audio devices menu?

Drivers are upto date , yes i t says device not plugged in , when it obviously is.

Ill have to fukk about with the direct connect i guess to verify indeed it does work , then it would point to the splitter , not allowing a handshake to takeplace , i think.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are there any other devices connected to the splitters? If so, have you tried it without them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse