HDMI audio problem .

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by pwsincd, May 5, 2014.

1. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    My HDMI audio doesnt detect a device connected , i have an inline HDMI splitter in line for a few devices , im thinking due to the splitter its failing the TV handshake. Any ideas how i can acheive PC to HDMI audio with an in line splitter in place ?

2. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    no one ?

3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    What splitter are you using? TV Model? Have you tried other HDMI ports (if your TV has multiples)? Have you tried without the splitter to see if it works?

4. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    For me, I have to restart my PC and plug in the HDMI before I do anything else on the PC, then audio works. (Could also be a driver issue)

5. vassildador

vassildador Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2013
    Belgium
    The obvious things would be updating video card drivers, checking the cable and replugging it. I'm guessing the TV doesn't even show up in the connected audio devices menu?

6. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK

Some cheap genereric "made in china" 3 way splitter - kinda a small 2" square thing. TV is a 6yr old 40" samsung . And no tbh i havent tried it without the splitter , due to the arrangement i have in place the cables aint long enough to simply reach , i know its the obvious thing to try.

Yeah i have read such on other forums about the power on method has to be in the right order etc etc.

Drivers are upto date , yes i t says device not plugged in , when it obviously is.

Ill have to fukk about with the direct connect i guess to verify indeed it does work , then it would point to the splitter , not allowing a handshake to takeplace , i think.

7. Fat D

Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 18, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Are there any other devices connected to the splitters? If so, have you tried it without them?

8. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    Well of course , hence the need for a splitter ..lol.. WiiU , TV Box , PC .