Gaming HddX Read-Only?

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
so i'm using XeXMenu (1.1 i think) and using FlashFXP as my ftp client and i can write to Hdd1 just fine but i need to write to HddX to install the hacked xbox1 emulator and for some reason the partition is read only
is there any way for me to write to HddX without taking my hdd out of it's shell and connecting it to my pc?

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right click on the file and there should be a attribution/properties checkbox. delete it then transfer the updated hack emu over.

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
wtfisausername said:
right click on the file and there should be a attribution/properties checkbox. delete it then transfer the updated hack emu over.
no dice, it's not the compatibility folder at fault, no files at all can be copied to the hddx partition for some reason and when double clicking the hddx folder in my ftp client i get
QUOTE[R] PWD
[R] 257 "/HddX" is current directory.
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (0,0,0,0,4,30)
[R] Opening data connection IP: 192.168.1.125 PORT: 1054
[R] LIST -al
[R] 550 "/HddX": Path not found.
[R] LIST
[R] 550 "/HddX": Path not found.
[R] List Error
displayed in the status window :x

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Xexmenu has half decent USB support- copy it across 360 side perhaps?

I am not sure why it is not working (I know write support on the flash has a different name and password) though.

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
hmm...
can't seem to copy to, move to or create files on hddx in xexmenu
frown.gif

does this mean i will need to reformat the hdd?
ohnoes.png

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
hundshamer said:
No you don't. Try getting FlashFXP to go into active mode.
it's in active mode and i have the same problems i have with ftp when using the filemanager in xexmenu on the xbox, itself

edit: backing up contents of my hdd so i can try a format incase that works but for some reason a folder inside the Content folder oter than the 000000000 folder (i think it is my avatar/gamertag/whatever its called) refuses to copy
frown.gif

If i just not back this up then will i lose my saves?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First thing I would try is moving something over to it using xexmenu's file browser on the 360. For some reason if hddx is completely empty, then it just doesn't cooperate with the ftp client.

If it still doesn't work, then I'd try running hdd compatibility partition fixer on the 360 and let it remake the partition. Then trying again (you'll still need at least one file copied to it, for the ftp to cooperate).

File not coping across at the moment is more than likely your tag, I had the exact same issue and never found the reason for it. You'll have to use either xexmenu file browser and move it across to a usb stick or let the 360 format one and move it using nxe.
Although I think you are wasting your time. The format option on the 360 doesn't touch partition 2, so if there is something wrong, it won't fix it.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
Armadillo said:
If it still doesn't work, then I'd try running hdd compatibility partition fixer on the 360 and let it remake the partition. Then trying again (you'll still need at least one file copied to it, for the ftp to cooperate).this is what will work...

(see: http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/Ek...uAZrXAmnsFt.php, then download via autoxbins)

--------------------------------------------

QUOTE(mercluke @ Sep 7 2010, 08:45 PM) edit: backing up contents of my hdd so i can try a format incase that works but for some reason a folder inside the Content folder oter than the 000000000 folder (i think it is my avatar/gamertag/whatever its called) refuses to copy
frown.gif

If i just not back this up then will i lose my saves?
yes. the reason for this is xexmenu refuses to copy/move/delete anything in use. that is to say, your gamertag/profile and the xexmenu .xex file also. to remedy this, create a temporary gamertag, sign in with that, launch xexmenu, THEN copy your original gamertag... also, you could move your gamertag to a USB MU, then use "USB Xtaf Xplorer" and copy/backup your profile. and as an extra alternate, use FSD2's file explorer, seems to work better.

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
overlord00 said:
Armadillo said:
If it still doesn't work, then I'd try running hdd compatibility partition fixer on the 360 and let it remake the partition. Then trying again (you'll still need at least one file copied to it, for the ftp to cooperate).
this is what will work...

(see: http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/Ek...uAZrXAmnsFt.php, then download via autoxbins)
that worked fine, thanks
smile.gif

just one other thing.. just then when trying to boot my console i was getting an e71 error then i tried to boot by pressing the eject button to boot into xellous and try to re-install freeboot (since i am told e71 is a dashboard error) and instead of booting xellous it booted the nxe

while i am happy the 360 still works i am kind of concerned that i don't have xellous as a failsafe like i thought i would in case of a brick...
how would i go about re-installing xell or xellous without having to re-solder the lpt cable?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You could use flash360. However I gather it was intended to be use with XBR rather than freeboot and so gives a nand mismatch error. I've read you can ignore it, but when I did I ended up with a E71 error.

You will need to reattach the LPT cable, and you should have checked you had Xellous working before putting on FreeBoot.

Your only other option is to wait for FSD2 and use it's built in nand flasher, but it's still risky without Xellous.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't see why you would be missing Xellous other than having switched to a HDMI lead. I was having issues getting DashLaunch to work, burned a fresh dash on cdr and updated. I didn't do anything to the image, it was straight out of the FreeBoot ToolBox Maker. Xellous is still there.

I'd leave the LPT cable connected, I know on mine I was able to roll it up and leave it behind the DVD drive.

I only other thing I can think of is you flashed xell-1f.bin instead of xell-2f.bin. I gather it's xell-2f.bin which is used to get Xellous displayed when pressing the eject button when the console is off.

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
tried flash360 just incase, thinking the worst that could happen is i'd have to get the lpt cable out to re-flash which i'd need to do to re-install xellous anyway...

so i did, as expected it yielded e71 errors so now i'm trying to reflash it and using the exact same setup as before (lpt cable with no resistors due to 3.3v lpt port on pc) and nandpro isn't detecting the 360

i had a perfectly fine jtagged box and i ruined it with my laziness
frown.gif

edit: wierd, just tried again for like the 20th time and it actually booted xellous this time ( i pressed eject each time, not power button)
that's lucky i was mere minutes away from giving up and buying one of those pricey usb nan flashing kits... :x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh