Hacking HDD wup installer/Haxchi problem.

alirezay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a few days ago i decided to finally soft mod my console using haxchi.
so far it has been great but since i have the xenoblade x data on my consoles nand i decided to use a SeaGate Goflex drive that i refurbished(changed the drive that was inside with a 2.5in drive) on the console. Im also using a Y cable. so i decided to install the ehsop game using wup installer that is currently on my sd card and launched it off hombrew channel that i installed to the nand of my console. it installed perfectly(a little too fast to be honest) when i tried to run the eshop game it gave me an error that my external drive has been disconnected whic is weird but ok. so i tried using an external power source with it and didnt work again. BUT when i installed the game to nand and then transfered it to my usb hdd that was powered via a usb phone charger the game worked perfectly! so i rebooted the console and launched the game again and it was fine again. but the problem is that whenever i disconnect the hdds power cable when im not using the console(when its turned off) , whenever i reconnect it and try to launch the game it gives me the hdd has been removed error again. btw i can move data off or to my hard drive no problem its just launching the game that is giving me problems. any ideas?

alirezay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't really know, few things to try.

. Different y-cable
. Different drive.
. Make sure hdd sleep mode is off
. Make sure wiiu hdd sleep mode is off (https://www.neogaf.com/threads/guys...spindown-on-your-wii-us-external-hdd.1029967/)

Good luck.

thank you for your reply.
i believe the problem might be that my drive goes in sleep mode but do i need to do anything else or do i just have to disable the option in the wii u storage setting?
as i have done that already with no luck.(dpad down + -)
the cable and the drive work great on my pc so that really shouldnt be a problem.
i think there is something i can do casue it works in certain conditions i just have to figure out exactly why it happens.
if nothing fixes it, i guess it just isnt compatible with the wii u which sucks.

alirezay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so a little update:
I just re-enabled the sleep function and waited a few minutes before launching the game.
AND IT WORKED!
apparently you have to wait a few minutes so the hard drive starts spinning and it just works after that!
i will try this method again tonight as im heading out but Ill keep you updated since some of you may experience this in the future.

alirezay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so yeah i tested it multiple times and all i have to do each time i turn off my hdd (pluging it out) is to wait around 2 minute so it catches up with the wii u. thats it!(i also re enabled the hdd sleep mode in the settings and im using a y cable but im powering it using a regular samsung 2 amp phone charger by connecting the thinner usb cable to it)

Reactions: icw35

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I get a mig switch in the mail today