Hacking HDD Possibilities

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm curious if anything has been made or is being worked on concerning Wii U HDD's. Currently I have a 128 GB SD Card and a 1 TB HDD. But ideally I'd like to have a 4 TB HDD, with 2 TB for the Wii U's Partition, a 1 TB FAT32 Primary Partition, for say RedNAND and Loadiine and Wii U Homebrew via Mocha FAT32 (if it's possible) along with Wii Homebrew and GameCube ISO's, and other console ROM's, and Linux, and a 1 TB NTFS Partition for Wii ISO's, Photo's, Music, and Movies, and a SD card as a failsafe/whatever. But 3 Partitions. Any idea if this setup is possible? Or if it is in the works? I would love to know how to do this.

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not possible with one hdd because the Wii U formats the whole drive to a proprietary format. You could however use two separate hdd one for the Wii U and one for the vwii.

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you copy a Wii U partition from one Hard Drive to another with some sort of program?
Not that I'm aware of. The only way to transfer from one wii u drive to another is by actually connecting two HDD's to the wii u and transfer through the system's built in tool.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could you possibly resize it after you format it from the whole drive to only part of it with a program like MiniTool and then add a FAT32 and NTFS Partition along and transfer a RedNAND Partition from an SD and install it to be run with Mocha FAT32? Or would is the partition unable to be resized due to encryption or some crap like that. And can that bypassed with whatever decrypts it like an OTP Dump? I know Minitool or whatever I have can manage encrypted drives, I don't know almost anything about encryption other than you need a password to decrypt something that is encrypted. Could you perhaps convert an OTP dump into a password or something a Disk Decrypter could use?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U requires the whole USB drive, and it cannot be divided into different partitions. There is no way around this if you plan on installing games with WUP Installer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o