HDD Partition question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JN_big3, Dec 30, 2012.

Dec 30, 2012

HDD Partition question by JN_big3 at 10:18 AM (670 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. JN_big3
    OP

Member JN_big3 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Hi guys, I have here a 500GB Imation External HDD. I used to have a 320GB Buffalo External HDD in 2009 that I used for playing games on the Wii but after a few months it died. My Uncle gave me his External HDD as a Christmas gift.

Now I want to Partition the HDD into 2 parts. 50GB in FAT32 (Wii Apps etc), and the rest in NTFS (Wii Games,Movies,Songs etc). So here are my following questions

1. I don't know the best application to use in Partitioning a HDD. Can you recommend me some tools that I can use?
    2. Do I need to set both in Primary?

2. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    1: can't windows do that? (I only use linux' fdisk)
    2: yes

3. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    Try EaseUS Partition Master, I think you can get a free home version. It seems to be recommended by many people here. I think Windows should be able to do something this easy as well, probably from Disk Management, but I don't really know how.

4. Sam895

Newcomer Sam895 Newbie

India
    You can use windows disk manager for partitioning
    1:Open disk manger (Go to run, enter diskmgmt.msc)
    2:Select your HDD
    3:Right click on your device name> delete volume(this will format the HDD) Refer pic
    4:Right click on the unallocated space and select New Simple Volume
    5:Enter the desired space you want to allot to a partition.
    6:Assign drive letters etc.
    7:Click on finish & your partition is created! Repeat steps 4-7 for creating other partitions.
    You have mentioned the following
    Now I want to Partition the HDD into 2 parts. 50GB in FAT32 (Wii Apps etc), and the rest in NTFS (Wii Games,Movies,Songs etc).
    So...excluding the 50 GB, you want to store your wii games & use them with usb loader gx right?
    if yes, then you need to create a different partition exclusively for wii games.

Instructions.png