Hacking HDD in the hood

nemesiszero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys i an looking at getting a usb hdd for my wii i have had my eye on this one but will it work.
Seagate Expansion 500GB External USB Desktop Hard Drive

Also if you guys know a better one tell me aslong as i can buy it the uk, its 500gb, costs no more then £50 and works with the wii.

biggrin.gif

DirtyH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
take a western digital my passport essential
RCshirt.jpg

and take only a 250gb one, thats more than enough space for all the wii games you maybe want to play.
this drive is very small, needs only one usb cable to operate and needs NO ac adapter.
its so small and light, you can even stick it with some doublesided tape to the side of your wii.

costs a bit more than you want, but its definitly worth it, alone for style and comfort.
wink.gif

thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i would suggest you to by an separate enclosure an and hd the size you want , in Montréal for an 500 gig sata2 , is 59$ , and the enclosure 18$ , come cheaper then buying one all assemble at future scrap
tongue.gif

look like that almost all drive is compatible , only when you use an hd that is only working with usb , no other power request, you may experience some spin down issue, yes there is way to avoid these, but request extra step,

so there is my suggestion hope it will help you to make the choice that suit best for you

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'd go with a drive without external power. Much more convenient. I have a WD my passport as well and am VERY satisfied with it...but I can't really say I tried dozens of those things.
smile.gif

sirfris said:
If I get a 500gb external hard drive do I need to get one with upnp to enable streaming video through my xbox36? Or is that only on network drives and not usb?
Reread the link: it only matters for a NAS.
smile.gif
For a regular USB drive...let's just say it doesn't apply.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nemesiszero said:
hi guys i an looking at getting a usb hdd for my wii i have had my eye on this one but will it work.
Seagate Expansion 500GB External USB Desktop Hard Drive

Also if you guys know a better one tell me aslong as i can buy it the uk, its 500gb, costs no more then £50 and works with the wii.

biggrin.gif

I have that exact drive, works perfectly with my wii @FAT32.

Power and data all over one USB connection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1