HBL Type2, CTR+rxtools = loops

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TheGlow, Jan 8, 2016.

1. TheGlow
    OP

TheGlow GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2013
    United States
    Da Bronx
    I understand the concept that setting type 2 in HBL means it will auto boot. But then when ctr comes up it processes rxtools which seems to trigger HBL again and then ctr, but rxtools this freezes with red bottom.
    Is there a way to get RXtools to boot to Emunand from cold boot, no buttons pressed?

2. RetroBitMig

RetroBitMig CEO of PixelRocket (returning soon) and Maagic Dev

Oct 19, 2015
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Set Menuhax to Type 2 with the R trigger. Then, if you had the boot.3dsx for rxTools, place it in the root of your SD and rename the other one to bootHBL.3dsx. From there you'll be able to coldboot rxTools.

3. Xenosaiga

Xenosaiga That one guy that doesn't give a shit anymore

Oct 9, 2015
    United States
    The Shadows
    Follow This link
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

It gives full details on how to set it up, Now this is assuming you have a N3DS.

I'm not sure how well it will work on an O3DS, But go about half way down the first post and it will explain exactly how to set up CtrBootManager. But that works perfectly for me and it only fails to boot about 1 out of 20 times

4. TheGlow
    OP

TheGlow GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2013
    United States
    Da Bronx
    I got it working. For some reason going into Emunand and changing theme broke the regular menuhax as well.
    I set it up again then updated Emunand to 10.3 and that seems to have put things how they have to be.