HBC Won't Load SDHC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Indie, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Indie
    OP

Indie Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    Long time reader, first time poster. My HBC won't read my Panasonic 4gb SDHC card that I recently got. I am currently using Homebrew Channel version 1.0.1 with IOS 36. I know all the files are named and located correctly because I transfered them right over from the 2GB card I no longer have. I have tried formatting using windows both FAT and FAT32 as well as using the Panasonic formatter also. No matter what I do, HBC will not read anything on my card. Is there a fix or a patch that has been released for HBC that resolves this?

2. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    have you got the right dir?
    apps/blahblah

3. Indie
    OP

Indie Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    Yes, like I said, copied it right over from my other card that worked just fine.

Just double checked and it's exactly

H:\apps\WAD_Manager_1.3\boot.dol

4. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    do u have a lock switch on the card?

5. Indie
    OP

Indie Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    Checked that as well, it's unlocked.

6. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Look here:
    http://svenpeter.blogspot.com/2008/11/sdhc...rt-for-wii.html

quote:
    It looks as if some cards are not working with this approach yet. I'm pretty sure that this just is a timeout issue. Please come to #wiidev or #hackmii at EFNet and poke me there so that we can debug the problem together and hopefully fix it. It would be really great if you even have a usb gecko because that facilitates things a lot. You'll probably have to read debug prints on your TV otherwise.

7. Indie
    OP

Indie Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    Would have been nice to know some cards don't work so I could have boughten one that does. HBC should add that into their log notes so other people know as well. I figured "SDHC support" meant that my SDHC card would be supported, but I guess not.

8. Slowking

Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 31, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Well you can allways talk to svpe on #wiidev to make it work. It wouldn't only hel you but countless other people.

9. Indie
    OP

Indie Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    Is there a compatibility list somewhere? I think I'll just take this one back but I want to make sure I replace it with one that will work.

10. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Why don't you ask svpe directly? I think we will be glad to be able to improve his code.

11. Indie
    OP

Indie Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    Because I don't have IRC installed, and really don't want to take an hour or more to do this when Fry's is right down the road and I could have a resolution in 10 minutes.

Also, is there a Wad installer that works through network or wi-fi? Then I wouldn't even need an SD card at all and life would be even simpler

12. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    I don't think such a WAD Manager exists. If you use Firefox you could just install chatzilla, and 2 minutes later you are in the chatroom.

13. Indie
    OP

Indie Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    I don't use Firefox, got rid of that slow memory hogging crap as soon as Chrome came out. How many more minutes would it be to actually get a solution? I'm still betting going to Fry's would be a lot faster.

14. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    just get on the chan

15. Indie
    OP

Indie Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    Too late, already playing the game I wanted to play. Thanks for everyones help. Hopefully they will add true SDHC support to the HBC soon though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice