Hacking HBC Problem

fullstrength

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else had problems with the HBC reloading to an empty screen after running certain apps? For example....when I run Hermes cIOS v5, after each install it boots back to HBC, but HBC is empty, no apps are present. Pressing 1 and re selecting the device doesn't solve it. The only thing that does is to exit to system menu and then go back into HBC, and viola there's all my apps again. I noticed this behavior after upgrading from 3.6u to 4.2u. Any ideas gang?

Wii Info

4.2U
HBC 1.0.6
No CIOSCORP
cIOS's
202v5
222v5
223v5
224v5
249v17
250v17

All apps/everything through usb hdd...no sd card in use....

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You are using usb storage? Libogc has this "bug" that it isn't able to shutdown usb storage. I think HBC is written by using libogc ==> it won't shutdown usb storage. Well if it tries to, you need a reboot to be able to access it again. Maybe remove and reinsert helps, but i doubt it. And it could be something else of course, but that's the 1st thing that comes to my mind about usb storage, and why i refuse to use it for certain stuff.

fullstrength

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
You are using usb storage? Libogc has this "bug" that it isn't able to shutdown usb storage. I think HBC is written by using libogc ==> it won't shutdown usb storage. Well if it tries to, you need a reboot to be able to access it again. Maybe remove and reinsert helps, but i doubt it. And it could be something else of course, but that's the 1st thing that comes to my mind about usb storage, and why i refuse to use it for certain stuff.

Thank you for your response....interesting, but would that explain why everything has worked fine up untill the upgrade from 3.6u to 4.2u. Oddly I've been using my usb hdd for everything since fat support got introduced in the usb loaders, and only started having this problem after the upgrade. (In which I used the "simplistic mod") Again thanks for your time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I've been fighting with Windows 10's laughably awful Bluetooth bs trying to connect my Switch...