Hacking HBC 1.0.6

MagusDraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
robiul said:
Why is the hackmii installer asking to install waninkoko cios rev 14?

...wat

So it's installing cios? Are you sure you're using the right boot.dol (if you're doing it from the hackmii installer and bannerbomb or something).

Or is it just using waninkoko's cios to boot for some reason?

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I wonder if anyone has this issue:

During the installation of HBC 1.0.6 over 1.0.5, the installation froze during the output of the install log file. I had a USB HDD pluged in btw, no SD card in slot. HBC was updated though.

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I've sorted out a major problem, anyelse having this the solution,
I had the hackmii installer as boot.elf on the root of my sd card, and I had
waninkoko's cios rev 14 in the apps/cios/ folder, when I ran the twilight hack it
apparently ran the Waninkoko's cios rev 14 app, so I deleted it which solved the problem.
Don't know why it did that, it must be a bug.

PS I just recieved the wii today from nintendo after I bricked the old one, this one allows me to
install bootmii to boot2, the old one didn't :DDDDDD

caffeinekid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wish there was an option to turn off the "delete" button in the app opening dialog.

I don't want the kids deleting all my emulators while they are mucking about on the Wii.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
By the way, a settings.xml to store your changes was in the work but due the 4.2 rush, it was descarted, I think it could be added in the next release =)

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone know how to disable the HBC from trying to update everytime its loaded (aside from the asshole who will surely say "disable the internet from connecting to your wii" i mean a Serious solution or dont bother commenting on this please....)

(if you have no intention in updating it...I am on 1.0.3 and have no intent on updating i also have it in wad format with its own ID can i use wadpacker/unpacker to extract and remove this "auto update" crap its so annoying!)

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the Hackmii website (Blue Homebrew Page Commonly asked questions)

# I dont want the channel to automatically update itself, can I turn that off?

# No you can't, but you will be prompted with a confirmation dialog when an update is out. Feel free to refuse it.

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please halp,
Trying to install the new HBC 1.0.6.
Wii firwmare is 4.2
First it complained that "no know vulnerable IOS installed", so as i'm on a LU64 machine, i used dop-ios v8 to reinstall a proper IOS30 v1040.
But now when I launch the installer again, it freezes on the "warning/nag" screen. (never prompts me to press 1, just hang there).
I disconnected external HDD and GC memory cards, same results. :/

It looks like HBC or the hackmii installer doesn't _only_ rely on IOS30 to work properly..
Anyone has an idea what the problem could be?

I don't use CIOSCORP or anything special for the disc channel & upgraded to 4.2 using Waninkoko's tool.
Thanks for any help,

TSR

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
anyone know how to disable the HBC from trying to update everytime its loaded (aside from the asshole who will surely say "disable the internet from connecting to your wii" i mean a Serious solution or dont bother commenting on this please....)

(if you have no intention in updating it...I am on 1.0.3 and have no intent on updating i also have it in wad format with its own ID can i use wadpacker/unpacker to extract and remove this "auto update" crap its so annoying!)

If it really annoys you that much you could figure out what server it hits to check for updates, and block it at your router level.

I know that isn't an exact answer, which is what you're asking for, but it's 100% plausible in every way. I dont think short of hex editting stuff you're going to get it done any other way.

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
TheShadowRunner said:
Please halp,
Trying to install the new HBC 1.0.6.
Wii firwmare is 4.2
First it complained that "no know vulnerable IOS installed", so as i'm on a LU64 machine, i used dop-ios v8 to reinstall a proper IOS30 v1040.
But now when I launch the installer again, it freezes on the "warning/nag" screen. (never prompts me to press 1, just hang there).
I disconnected external HDD and GC memory cards, same results. :/

It looks like HBC or the hackmii installer doesn't _only_ rely on IOS30 to work properly..
Anyone has an idea what the problem could be?

I don't use CIOSCORP or anything special for the disc channel & upgraded to 4.2 using Waninkoko's tool.
Thanks for any help,

TSR
Use DOP IOS MOD and choose IOS249. Then install a clean IOS 61. Say no to hash check.
Then try to run it again
tongue.gif

And Waninkokos Update Tool is bad. Use the other one in Xzxeros guide. (It's stickied)

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks ossot thats a damn good idea i can blacklist it
smile.gif
anyone know what the addy is i have to block and thanks in advanced thats a brilliantly simple and effective solution i was going about it the hard way when this seems the reasonable solution
biggrin.gif
so thank you very much ossot this will prob work swimingly bro kudos!

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dai-a said:
Use DOP IOS MOD and choose IOS249. Then install a clean IOS 61. Say no to hash check.
Then try to run it again
tongue.gif

And Waninkokos Update Tool is bad. Use the other one in Xzxeros guide. (It's stickied)

Thanks for your help.
I reinstalled IOS61 v5405 (no hash check, clean), but the hackmii installer still freezes on the "this software must not be sold" screen, it never prompts me to "press 1"

I don't get it, my IOS30 & IOS61 are clean latest version and still freezing :/

In DOP IOS, I see my IOS60 is v6400 (stub)..
could the hackmii installer be using IOS60 too during the install process?
(Again, i'm on 4.2, LU64 wii.)
Arg what's going on :/

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try IOS36 v.1040 (I think thats the version) that should let you install it. Also, for the return to HBC from other apps (ie USB loaders) there is a forwarder channel (to the JODI HBC) with the ID of HAXX floating around with an intentional broken banner so it doesn't show up on the systemmenu. It will however "fix" the return to HBC problem. I think I got it off tehskeen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740