HB Launcher crashes constantly

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ragingbaboon38, Dec 11, 2018.

1. ragingbaboon38
    OP

ragingbaboon38 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2018
    United States
    Maybe this as already been answered... but i just cant figure out how to fix this. I'm running a N3DS with Luma 9.1 and GodMode9. I installed the Weebrew Launcher from TitleDB on FBI (don't judge me) and it crashed with the run-of-the-mill Luma exception handler. I re-installed the normal launcher, and it crashes on startup with a Luma exception handler. It says that it happened on the ARM11 core 1, and it's a prefetch abort error. Can anyone help me?

2. Itzumi

Itzumi homebrew does what nintendont

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    isn't there a specific version of the homebrew launcher that's made for the weebrew launcher? iirc you need to use that one for weebrew, as for the default one crashing as well, check if you have boot.3dsx on the root of your 3ds' sd card

3. ragingbaboon38
    OP

ragingbaboon38 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2018
    United States
    I don't really care about weebrew anymore, i just want hb launcher to work again. also, i do have boot.3dsx on the root.

4. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Also make sure you are using boot.3dsx from here https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/releases Should also help with this

emuashui and Itzumi like this.
  5. ragingbaboon38
    OP

ragingbaboon38 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2018
    United States
    (had to delete quote due to it containing links)
    Thanks a lot, that worked like a charm! Also, could you tell me how to change the little blurb below my name? Like the one that says "GBAtemp Advanced Maniac?"

6. Itzumi

Itzumi homebrew does what nintendont

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    you get that at a certain amount of posts/replies made iirc

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted