PS1/2 Haze

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Haze looks like crap, somebody tell Free Radical to spend a little (like 2 more years) on the game please.
Mediocre reviews coming, too bad, Time Splitters was an absolutely great franchise.

haze5.jpg

haze2.jpg

haze3.jpg

haze1.jpg

The gameplay videos are even less encouraging.
frown.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

283900_1.jpg

283900_2.jpg

283900_3.jpg

283900_4.jpg

I think recent screenshots look better than early build screenshots.
Haze supports 4 player split screen, so the visual is decent IMO.

As for GameTrailers vid, that has to be the least Haze-like Haze video I've ever seen. That doesn't showcase Haze AT ALL.
But I can understand that because it's GT.
If Haze were multiplatform when the video was created, you'd have witnessed how Haze would look on 720P Component Cable with Limited RGB Range settings, instead of 1080P upscaled HDMI cable with Full Range RGB settings. Just like watching a movie in a theatre with sunglasses on.
Instead, looks like GT wanted to remove any segments of the video that showcases Haze.

I thought Haze was all about utilizing Nectar. How Mentel soldiers have super strength, high armor, regenerating ammo, using Nectar to enhance battle capacity, whereas the rebels (Forgot what they were called) can play dead, let Mentel soldiers overdose on Nectar, and reshape ammos to fit incompatble guns.
If all those features are gone, I'm not buying Haze or even go as far to starting a boycott movement.

Edit: Worthplaying jpeg links were broken so I linked my photobucket pics instead.

Taziz

Trophies
XP
Country
I think its cools, and this game is on my buy list, it will be like halo 3 but it won't be overrated, and I will enjoy it very much just like AO2.

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
deathfisaro said:
If Haze were multiplatform when the video was created, you'd have witnessed how Haze would look on 720P Component Cable with Limited RGB Range settings, instead of 1080P upscaled HDMI cable with Full Range RGB settings. Just like watching a movie in a theatre with sunglasses on.

Whats that comment got to do with anything?
blink.gif
unsure.gif

The x360 also has HDMI for awhile now & does hardware upscaling too. You *should* of said "if this was multiplatform it would of looked like the older pics (because having to think bout no hdd on some 360 & smaller dvds (9GB ) but yet it being exclusive makes them focus on one architecture to get the juice running alot nicer.

Similar how exclusive x360 games look great in 1080p like mass effect.

lecture.gif

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Fusion said:
Whats that comment got to do with anything?
blink.gif
unsure.gif

The x360 also has HDMI for awhile now & does hardware upscaling too. You *should* of said "if this was multiplatform it would of looked like the older pics (because having to think bout no hdd on some 360 & smaller dvds (9GB ) but yet it being exclusive makes them focus on one architecture to get the juice running alot nicer.

Similar how exclusive x360 games look great in 1080p like mass effect.

lecture.gif

GT's been washing down PS3 video quality in PS3 vs 360 videos to.. I don't know, make certain console look better/worse than some other console?
Because I can't imagine GT has "fair comparison" in mind when they use composite PS3 vid and component 360 vid.
(Recently it's been changed, but still their PS3 vid looks different from mine, when their 360 vid looks just like my component cable connected Premium and 1080P HDTV)

At least the GT video of Haze looks clean. That's what I meant to say.
Still, if the game's been changed to play like GT's Haze video, I'm not gonna bother with this game.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
jalaneme said:
overhyped trash from very poor ubisoft, the game company who hypes everything to death while they can.

Maybe in November lol. Haze lost a lot of its hype from multiple delays. It's looking very good and imho it looks promising.

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ZeWarriorReturns said:
Maybe in November lol. Haze lost a lot of its hype from multiple delays. It's looking very good and imho it looks promising.

True that. I was so excited about Haze's system last year. It got delayed and I was like okay. Now it's pushed to May again I'm like whatever.
But pushing release dates is Free Radical's thing. I bet they still think they're building hype.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think we all will be disappointed. Smells like Free Radical's first mediocre effort, like IO Interactive's Kane & Lynch or Factor 5's Lair

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Actually Lair was fine, but I have all 60 gold medals in Super Rub a Dub too...
I played Lair with analog stick and it didn't really improve the controls. Maaaaybe it's meant to be hard to control until you get a better dragon, just like how the radar sucks in-game because dragons don't come with radars mounted.

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Really.. I prefer split screen co-op over top notch graphics without split screen.
I guess it depends heavily on how many friends you play online and offline.
I used to play Halo 4 player split screen match with ~21" TV.
Now I have 42" TV, conditions improved =P

Most of my offline friends don't have next-gen, so I have to invite them over to play Tekken together or something.

As for my 360 habits, I'd just check my friend list to see who's playing the same game as I do. (It turned out nobody really played Kingdom Under Fire around here so I had to play with people from gamefaqs =P)

I found multiplayer over PSN inconvenient, Sony needs to implement in-game XMB support or it'll continue to suck.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
VVoltz said:
A new "Preview" video was released:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32587.html?type=

While the game doesn't look as good as any other next-gen shooters (I really don't like it graphic wise), it seems that it could turn fun thanks to its 4 player coop mode, maybe Ze, MBWARRIOR and enigma can hava a blast out of this one when the time comes. =)

That sounds like fun. To be honest, I'm really looking forward to this.

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, no.
I thought Mentel and rebels having different unique abilities were the strength of Haze. The demo delivered none except a little bit of Mentel Nectar doping.

Unless there's another demo coming, I'm renting it first..

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
*Shifty eyes and starts a blackmarket Nectar organization here on GBATemp* Anyonehere want some Nectar?
ph34r.gif

At any rate, all this game seems to have going for it is rampage drug use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Jared and his blood covered foot long