1. jeffyTheHomebrewer
    OP

jeffyTheHomebrewer Neato Burrito!

Aug 24, 2018
    United States
    in ur orbit
    I was able to use haxxstation to send homebrew (unsigned, of course) to a unhacked 3DS. does this mean we might be able to install homebrew via haxxstation?

2. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    it runs in NTR Mode so No it has no SD/NAND access.

E1ite007 likes this.
  3. jeffyTheHomebrewer
    OP

jeffyTheHomebrewer Neato Burrito!

Aug 24, 2018
    United States
    in ur orbit
    dang, but what if it send a DSiWare format homebrew?

4. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's moronic trash

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Darn, I can't come up with something edgy
    still no. Permissions are given and handled at the start of a application being started and is given by a case by case bases. In other words, when the 3ds loads ds download play. The app itself tells the 3ds it doesn't need nand access or sd access. It locks those permissions and then loads. So even if you sent a dsiware format homebrew, it would mean nothing. Since ds download play has already said to the system that nand and sd card access are unneeded. (feel free anyone to correct me if I misunderstood this)
    Now yes, ds download play does load from nand. However during the process of permissions. It just copies ds download play to memory/ram. And then continues loading as normal. So you still wouldn't have nand access even if it does load from the nand.
    And it runs in ntr mode. Which is a issue. Since dsiware formated homebrew need well... twl mode.

Last edited by monkeyman4412, Feb 17, 2019
    E1ite007 likes this.
  5. jeffyTheHomebrewer
    This message by jeffyTheHomebrewer has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Feb 18, 2019, Reason: One word post.
    Feb 18, 2019