Hacking Official Haxchi v2.5u2 - a persistent WiiU hack

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may have already been asked but does haxchi work on wii u version 5.5.2? Because I really want the DLC for the legend of zelda breath of the wild, but it requires the latest version of sfw from the wii u, I want to know if updating will break my hack. I have already installed haxchi on 5.5.1, i know that the new update is supposed to stop people installing haxchi, but this is not an issue for me as it is not supposed to stop people who have already installed it from using it.
Use NNU Patcher to use the eShop without updating. Updating to 5.5.2 is not recommended. If something were to go wrong with Haxchi in the future (e.g. it gets deleted), you would have no other way to access homebrew.

If you haven't already done so, use the proper DNS settings to block updates. You can also follow this guide to block updates by deleting the updates folder from the NAND.

Last edited by Lacius,

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Question: I have two Wii Us and it seems that on my original one, when I run Haxchi signatures are patched by default, but on my new one, I have to launch Mocha and then re-launch Haxchi for signatures to be patched. What may I be missing here?

SonGoku78

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there, i just managed to install haxchii over kawashimas on a friend wii u that updated accidently to 5.5.2 (https://gbatemp.net/threads/webhack-on-5-5-2.480938/)
but the icon is still the original kawashimas icon. i remember when i installed haxchii on my wii u months ago (i am on 5.5.1) the original icon was replaced for the haxchii icon.
What can i do to get that haxchii logo to be shown instead of kawashimas ?
also i checked my sd card and on mine there is a haxchii folder on the root. this one is not present on the sd card of my friends wii u.
any advice or help is really appreciated

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
either reinstall haxchi, without forgetting to put the /haxchi/ folder on the root of your SD card. (if you get haxchi only from AppStore you don't get that folder, which also contains the config.txt to setup Button Combo)
or, check the tga file you want to use (with tga verify), and replace them with ftpiiu everywhere.
the easiest is to reinstall haxchi from the homebrew launcher. Do not delete the previous one, just reinstall over it.

Last edited by Cyan,

SonGoku78

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
either reinstall haxchi, without forgetting to put the /haxchi/ folder on the root of your SD card. (if you get haxchi only from AppStore you don't get that folder, which also contains the config.txt to setup Button Combo)
or, check the tga file you want to use (with tga verify), and replace them with ftpiiu everywhere.
the easiest is to reinstall haxchi from the homebrew launcher. Do not delete the previous one, just reinstall over it.

yeah that was my fault, forgot to copy the folder in the root...just copied the haxchi folder under apps to my friends sd card. reinstalled correctly and now it shows correct icon :D thanks very much

ToloCDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all! Does Fix94 add new game requests? My kids bought picross-3d (Wii U DS) instead of Brainage :cry: . Is there a way to get this added to the workable titles instead of forking out another 8 CAD for Brainage?

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Hi.

Succeed in installing Haxchi :) but not in changing config.txt

I changed to this :

Code:
a=fw.img
b=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
default=sysmenu

But it still goes to HBL on default instead of returning to sysmenu :(

Any idea ?

thx !

Reactions: KiiWii

mostafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
hi
i have five numbers question . help me please

1 . if i want run haxchi must be Sd card in console for running HBL ?

2 . if i run only haxchi (without coldboot & mocha & ...) and Sd card not be in console may be console will brick ?

3 . i want a way i can run HBL without Internet and my console is safe (not be brick) . (brainAge + haxchiv2.5u2) is the way i want ?

4 . Should I be download brainAge from eShop or can i install brainAge by WupInstallerYmod and then run haxchi2.5u2 ?

5 . can i install Haxchi on 5.5.2 firmware ? my firmware is 5.5.2 and i run HBL by loadiine.ovh

I'm sorry for a lot of questions Also my bad English language (i help from googleTranslate)

thanks

Last edited by mostafa,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi

2 . if i run only haxchi (without coldboot & mocha & ...) and Sd card not be in console may be console will brick ?

3 . i want a way i can run HBL without Internet and my console is safe (not be brick) . (brainAge + haxchiv2.5u2) is the way i want ?

4 . Should I be download brainAge from eShop or can i install brainAge by WupInstallerYmod and then run haxchi2.5u2 ?

5 . can i install Haxchi on 5.5.2 firmware ? my firmware is 5.5.2 and i run HBL by loadiine.ovh

I'm sorry for a lot of questions Also my bad English language (i help from googleTranslate)

thanks

1. yes
2. no
3. yes
4. brain age from the eshop
5. yes.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi

thanks
1. It would be pretty pointless to run HBL without an SD card, since the homebrew applications are stored on the SD card.
2. There's virtually no risk of bricking your Wii U with Haxchi. CBHC is the one that carries a risk of bricking.
3. Using Haxchi with a game like Brain Age is what you're looking for, yes.
4. You have to install Brain Age from the eShop. It has to be a legitimately purchased copy. Otherwise, Haxchi cannot run without already running some kind CFW, which would make Haxchi pointless.
5. Yes, you can install Haxchi on 5.5.2. However, if you are on 5.5.1, it is recommended that you not update because there's no reason to update. Updating to 5.5.2 will just cause your internet browser exploit to become less reliable. Regardless of which version you're on, it's recommended that you setup the proper DNS settings to block future updates. You should also delete the update folder on your NAND to block updates.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: mostafa

mostafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
1. It would be pretty pointless to run HBL without an SD card, since the homebrew applications are stored on the SD card.
2. There's virtually no risk of bricking your Wii U with Haxchi. CBHC is the one that carries a risk of bricking.
3. Using Haxchi with a game like Brain Age is what you're looking for, yes.
4. You have to install Brain Age from the eShop. It has to be a legitimately purchased copy. Otherwise, Haxchi cannot run without already running some kind CFW, which would make Haxchi pointless.
5. Yes, you can install Haxchi on 5.5.2. However, if you are on 5.5.1, it is recommended that you not update because there's no reason to update. Updating to 5.5.2 will just cause your internet browser exploit to become less reliable. Regardless of which version you're on, it's recommended that you setup the proper DNS settings to block future updates. You should also delete the update folder on your NAND to block updates.

very very thanks for your complete answer

now two other questions

1 . brain age is free in eShop ? i dont have masterCard or nintendoCard for eshop

2 . please get me a complete video from youtube about "delete the update folder on your NAND to block updates"

Thank you again

Last edited by mostafa,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

now two other questions

1 . brain age is free in eShop ? i dont have masterCard or nintendoCard for eshop

2 . please get me a complete video from youtube about "delete the update folder on your NAND to block updates"

Thank you again

1. I think brain age was free for some people in Europe. it was a promotion. I can't recall how it was done though. your only other alternative is to use one of those eshop cards, but you'll be paying more for the game if that's the only reason for its purchase. the game is usually around $7 (USA).

2. there's not much to say here. simply delete the update folder in storage_mlc/sys . that's all there is to it.

Reactions: mostafa

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

now two other questions

Thank you again
1. Brain Age used to be free in some places, but that's not the case anymore. If you didn't get it during that time and can't redownload it for free, then you have to pay for it. There's no other way to install Haxchi.

Out of curiosity, what do you plan on using Haxchi for? Depending on what you want, you might not even need it. Also, are you on 5.5.2, or are you on something else?

2. Follow these steps:
  • Add the following DNS settings to block future updates
For each of your connections (and all future connections), do the following
  • Select the connection
  • Select “Change Settings”
  • Move to the second list and choose “DNS”
  • Set the DNS to “Don’t Auto-Obtain”
  • Set the DNS server IPs to the following servers
  • Select “Confirm”, then press (B) to save
  • These servers will block your SysNAND from being updated

Reactions: OuahOuah

DiegoUb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi, just wondering. In my old times using CFW from HBL-Webbrowser, I installed Brain age and Big Brain academy for a later use (both USA, signed patched). But now I need one DS game to buy and use Haxchi. I don't understand much of titles keys conflicts... what do you recommend? Delete one of them and buy the legal one or select other (unfortunately the rest are even better)?
Also checking haxchi gifthub web I saw, the same game in different regions, so I come up with installing a legal US eshop DS game for Haxchi and after that, can I install the same DS game from other region (EUR) for playing?

Last edited by DiegoUb,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, just wondering. In my old times using CFW from HBL-Webbrowser, I installed Brain age and Big Brain academy for a later use (both USA, signed patched). But now I need one DS game to buy and use Haxchi. I don't understand much of titles keys conflicts... what do you recommend? Delete one of them and buy the legal one or select other (unfortunately the rest are even better)?
My understanding is Brain Age is the cheapest game (there might be some others that are tied with it Big Brain Academy is just as cheap). If I were you, I would delete Brain Age using the Data Management settings, and I would try downloading the game from the eShop. If the game boots without any CFW, then that means Haxchi will work with it. If the game cannot run without CFW, then it means we need to fiddle with your tickets to get it working.

Which system version are you running?

Last edited by Lacius,

DiegoUb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
My understanding is Brain Age is the cheapest game (there might be some others that are tied with it). If I were you, I would delete Brain Age using the Data Management settings, and I would try downloading the game from the eShop. If the game boots without any CFW, then that means Haxchi will work with it. If the game cannot run without CFW, then it means we need to fiddle with your tickets to get it working.

Which system version are you running?
It's 5.5.2
uhm

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's 5.5.2
uhm
First, you should follow these steps to prevent any future updates:
  • Add the following DNS settings to block future updates:
For each of your connections (and all future connections), do the following
  • Select the connection
  • Select “Change Settings”
  • Move to the second list and choose “DNS”
  • Set the DNS to “Don’t Auto-Obtain”
  • Set the DNS server IPs to the following servers
  • Select “Confirm”, then press (B) to save
  • These servers will block your SysNAND from being updated
After blocking updates (preferably using both methods), you should follow these steps to install Haxchi:
  1. Delete Brain Age using the Data Management settings.
  2. Buy Brain Age in the eShop and install it (you might need to run nnupatcher to open the eShop after blocking updates).
  3. Reboot your Wii U.
  4. Run Brain Age without CFW. If it boots, install Haxchi using the browser.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: DiegoUb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying