Haxchi DS Game not working anymore

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by SlothWiiPlaza, May 16, 2017.

1. SlothWiiPlaza
    OP

SlothWiiPlaza GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2016
    Belgium
    C:/Users/Sloth/
    Hello, GBATemp.

My Mario Kart DS Title has stopped working with Haxchi, it's saying i need to re-download
    it.

Any help is appreciated

Last edited by SlothWiiPlaza, May 16, 2017

2. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Well try accessing eshop and redownload it again, like it says! If your using a none paid title which you should not in system menu, if your using Haxchi then yes just do that then, problem solved! If your using a DS title in CFW then all you do is download the same title and reinstall it again, just make sure you delete your old one from system you might have a question mark in its place if something has gone wrong your end. If your using a Custom made DS title then that's probably your problem its corrupted!

Last edited by Reecey, May 16, 2017
    SlothWiiPlaza likes this.
  3. SlothWiiPlaza
    OP

Dec 18, 2016
    Belgium
    I legit bought it, Mario Kart DS. :P

Reecey likes this.
  4. ElijahZAwesome

ElijahZAwesome GBATemp's official... uh... uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jul 12, 2016
    United States
    Narnia
    DONT REBUY IT! I'm not certain but I think you'll brick if you try to redownload.

5. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    Cool, you should be able to just re-download it again from eshop. If you have your DNS settings up then you will have to run NNU-Patcher before hand but DNS settings are probably pointless nowdays seen as though Ninti has stopped production and given up :)

Make make sure you delete it before hand of memory. Warning though if you are using "COLDBOOTHAX HAXCHI DONT DELETE IT JUST REDOWNLOAD IT" I'm not sure if your just using it for a haxchi title or Coldboot haxchi title, you didn't mention in op?

6. SlothWiiPlaza
    OP

Dec 18, 2016
    Belgium
    I'm not using coldboot, so i can just delete it in System Settings and install again?

7. ElijahZAwesome

ElijahZAwesome GBATemp's official... uh... uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jul 12, 2016
    United States
    Narnia
    ..maybe..? I'm not sure it may be on wiiu.guide

8. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    Yes your ok that way but you could always just try and re-download it again from eshop and install the same title over it again, it should work ok but if you try that first and it doesn't work for some unknown reason then yes delete your old title from memory you might have a grey question mark to show your corrupt title in your data and then go ahead re-download it and install. If you have your DS title specially set up with custom icons etc.. you will have to re do that all again, sorry.

9. SlothWiiPlaza
    OP

Dec 18, 2016
    Belgium
    Yeah, i made whole custom boot up images, icons etc before and it also broke Haxchi :')

10. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    yes, that bits a bit of a bummer! :( you might of even had a corrupt icon img or a corrupt image size, that may of been your problem, if your img sizes don't match up usually an error like that comes up and does tell you to re-download it again, its happened to me before on a custom made DS title actually in CFW for me :)

11. SlothWiiPlaza
    OP

Dec 18, 2016
    Belgium
    Ah, i'll re-install from eShop now

12. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    This is actually concerning. Could Nintendo be able to make it so your DS games all need to be redownloaded in an attempt to brick hackers using CBHC? Is that possible?

13. SlothWiiPlaza
    OP

Dec 18, 2016
    Belgium
    Might be, you never know with Nintendo. :huh:

14. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Nothing about it is concerning

1 it would be next to impossible to do it

2 in certain countries it would be illegal to do it like here in Scotland it is legal to mode anything you legally own. As haxchi can be used for legal homebrew and just not piracy they can't do a thing.

3. If they could do anything they would have done it long ago and not now the wiiu is dead. They easily could have brought out a new system update when botw came out to stop people playing it illegally but they never so that should show you how much they care about the wiiu.

15. SlothWiiPlaza
    OP

Dec 18, 2016
    Belgium
    Wow, this was scary..

I opened the eShop with NNU Patcher and just crashed, thought my console bricked.. :sad:

16. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    None of that convinces me that its impossible for Nintendo to do. I think it is unlikely, but how in the world did the OP's game suddenly give him the error that he needs to redownload the VC game in question if he didn't even touch it and it had been working fine previously?

17. SlothWiiPlaza
    OP

Dec 18, 2016
    Belgium
    I got in the eShop, do i just download and run the Haxchi Installer like normal?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

What!!?? I can't re-buy Mario Kart DS :(

Nintendo is doing something :(

18. noragrets

noragrets GBAtemp Regular

May 5, 2017
    redownloading with coldbot installed is a guaranteed brick

19. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Well let's look at it a different way then if nintendo has done something then there would be a heck of a lot more threads on here with people with broken haxchi games not just one user. It easily could have fucked up for a number of reasons like if he used fttp everywhere to change something and was in what he thought was a different game folder but was actually his ds haxchi game or if he installed a downloaded version off the net by accident over his legit copy (a number of people in the past has done that) Or customer banners or faulty storage device ect.

Last edited by Marko76, May 16, 2017
  20. SlothWiiPlaza
    OP

Dec 18, 2016
    Belgium
    I think they are, they locked my DS Game, i have to buy another one :/