Hacking Haxchi - Black Screen - Please Help

PerfectCrumpet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So im new to modding nintendo, Ive alread installed CFW to my 3DS and attempted to mod my Wii U today. I followed this guide >>> https://wiiu.guide/haxchi <<< I got to the instruction of just simply clicking on the Haxchi app to boot into the patched Sysnand. However after the Haxchi splash screen the screen just goes black and stays like that untill I restart. I have installed all the prerequisites the config is correct and I double and rechecked each step before I attempted it. any advice?

Last edited by PerfectCrumpet,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unplug all USB drives and re-install HaxChi over the top of the DS game that you bought from the eshop. Leave the config.txt the way that it is.

You did buy an eshop DS game right?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, don't use default config. What you posted is not the default HaxChi config. Don't put new files on the SD. Leave the SD the way that it is and then re-install HaxChi over the DS game that you bought. This will make sure that the config that you posted is indeed the config that HaxChi is using. HaxChi uses the config.txt file that it sees during install only. Changing the config after does nothing unless you re-install HaxChi. That's when your config.txt changes get applied. Before moving on I just wanted to make sure that your HaxChi is using the config.txt config that you posted above (which is the correct config for HaxChi CFW)

Last edited by Kafluke,

PerfectCrumpet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will try this again buut. What if I had already tried reinstall HaxChi multiple times with this config already on the sd?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did HaxChi work before you changed it to CFW? In other words, did it work with the default config ever? Could you click on it and get into HBL?

PerfectCrumpet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No. I followed the tutorial which told me to change the config out from the start. I then installed HaxChi and attempted the Launch. I also tried another config suggested on this site but that didnt work either.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is your DS title installed. Here's the steps I recommend.

1. Unplug all USB.
2. Go to system settings and delete HaxChi or the DS game that you installed it on (Whichever shows up)
3. Reboot your Wii U
4. Go to eshop and redownload your DS game.
5. Test your game to make sure it works
6. Look at my sig and go to the HaxChi section. Step 2 I think.
7. Put your SD in your computer
8. Follow my guide to download latest HaxChi.
9. Copy necessary files to SD overwriting when promoted.
10. Put SD back in Wii U and install HaxChi over working DS eshop game.
11. Test HaxChi. Does it launch HBL?

Report back

D

Deleted User

Default Haxchi config has this:
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

If you change config.txt from the start, Haxchi will mostly likely break itself and DS VC game you're exploiting.
If you followed our guides like Kafluke's, my redNAND-free guide or wiiubru.com/guide, then you wouldn't have any problems now.

D

Deleted User

So I wiped all of haxchi and reinstalled my VC Game and installed it following the wiiuburu.com/guide. aaaaand Black screen.
Weird. Can you boot into HBL from Browserhax and reinstall it using Haxchi Installer?
If it's still blackscreen, delete and redownload Haxchi Installer.

PerfectCrumpet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pokemon Ranger should be compatible. But I guess I may have to buy Brain Age, ill have to do it later, ill post in this thread later the outcome. Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.